2. Journey to Rajasthan II

Melbourne (Australia)

It was half past ten, and people were sleeping soundly in their villa. But this was not the scenario at Max's villa. Loud music was being played. Some people were dancing over the music, some were enjoying their drinks, and some were making out publicly.

A girl was standing near the window, gazing outside. She was wearing a maroon-coloured spaghetti dress with a slit running down her right thigh. Her brown hair cascaded over her back.

"Hey, Alena!" someone called her from behind. She turned to face the person. As she saw the person, she gasped and said with astonishment, "Oh my god! Ruhan, I can't believe it's you. I never thought I would see you after that night. Anyways, it's nice to see you again."

He casually smiled and replied, "Even I was surprised to see you here. I'm Max's friend, and he threw this party today because we recently graduated. How do you know him?"

"My friend brought me here," she replied.

"Oh!... Now that we have met again, I was just thinking... we can hang out tonight, you know, just me and you," he said.

"Looks like you again broke up, Ruhan... And about hanging out, I can't do that anymore with you or anyone else. I'm dating someone, and we truly love each other. I'm no longer the person I used to be before. I hope you understand," she replied calmly.

"Ok, I understand that, and I take back my words. But to be honest, I don't believe in true love or something. I think people just date each other for needs, and when they get bored by the person, they just break up. That's what I usually do," he shrugged it off casually.

"You don't believe in love because you haven't found that person yet who will make you realize what love is, and I'm sure that one day you will also understand that true love exists," she said while she again turned to face the window.

------------------

Ruhan's Pov:-

I was driving home when I got a call, so I received it as it was connected to Bluetooth.

"Hello! Ruhan beta, how are you?"

"I'm fine dadi, you tell me how are you and dadu? By the way, why did you call?"

"We are fine, Ruhan, and the reason I called you is to ask you when you are coming back. Ruhan, you finished your graduation a long time ago, so I think you should return now. Beta, at this age, it's really difficult for me to handle everything alone."

"Relax dadi, I know it's tough for you, and that's why I was going to call you to inform you that I'm coming in the next few days."

"Really!" she almost screamed with excitement.

"Yeah, I'm having my flight the day after tomorrow. So make arrangements accordingly, your most beloved grandson is coming back after so many years," he said jokingly.

"Of course, why not," she replied.

"Anyways bye dadi, gotta go, talk to you later."

"Bye beta, take care."

With this, she hung up the call.

The last time I visited them, I was just a seven-year-old kid. I hardly remember anything from that visit. But this time, I don't know why, but I'm having a very good vibe about it.

Pov ends.

------------------

He was so busy packing that the two days felt like just two hours to him.

It was around 9:00 pm when he reached Jaisalmer.

"Hello, where are you? I'm heading out from the airport," Ruhan said to the person on the other end.

"Come to gate no.2, I'm waiting there," the person replied. He replied with an okay before hanging up the call.

When he got there, he went near a woman. She was wearing a black suit and a white shirt. She seemed to be in her early thirties.

"Wow! You've become so tall and handsome. When I last met you, you were just a kid," said the woman.

"You still look the same, Niva," he said with a smile.

"Well! Is it a compliment, or are you just saying it to keep my heart?" she questioned.

"I don't know," he replied with a chuckle.

"You are still that notorious kid," she said while slightly hitting his arm.

Niva is the manager of Ruhan's palace and museum. At first, she joined as his caretaker when he was a kid as a part-time job, but as time passed, she became his grandmother's most trusted person. And eventually, she became the manager.

On their way to the palace, they had a casual conversation. After half an hour, they reached 'Thakur Haveli.'

After entering the Haveli, Niva asked one of the servants to keep Ruhan's bags in his room. They had their dinner and then went to sleep.

The next section will be updated shortly. Please don't forget to vote for this chapter and share your thoughts on it in the comments below. Until then, take care! Thank you for reading this novel.