The Tracker

Eve's Pov

I'd been married to Tom for a very long time, so I knew how to handle his tantrums. Although sometimes it was a lot more than I could handle like when he hit me till I fainted the month before.

He always threw tantrums when he didn't get his way and it made him lose a lot of friends and at a point, people didn't want to be anywhere close to him.  As soon as I got into the car, he started another episode.

“You are in trouble, Eve. "

I didn't say anything, nor did I look at him. There was no use, he could scream all he wanted, I just needed to keep mute.

“Look at me, I'm talking to you!" Leaning closer, he grabbed my face and my cheeks hurt.

“You're hurting me, please." I pleaded

“I left you at home to go to work, to work so you can get money only to find my dear wife in a club full of men who aren't me." He sneered.

"I was bored at home and I thought this would be our last night in France so I came to check out the club." I winced in pain as I lied.

He scoffed and let go of me then he started the ignition. I really shouldn't have gotten into a car with him in this present state. It would be a miracle if I got home unscathed.

"Well, maybe you are wrong. This isn't our last night in France." He steered the 2023 black porsche 911 edition, his latest baby as he called it

He had gotten it the week before and I knew without a doubt that it was to impress his mistresses over here because

"What?" My eyes widened like saucers as I soaked in his words.

"But you said we would not spend more than a few days here." I pointed out.

“You see, this is my issue with you. Other women would be so happy to know that I am about to strike a deal which would bring me millions but all you care about is returning to the States."

I bit back a retort because it wasn't true.
He always had a habit of comparing me with other women and I hated it. It's something my dad used to do.

"What exactly do you really want!?" He growled.

“Oh really, you meant like the whores you've been sleeping around with? Or the one you were with tonight?" He quickly snapped his head to me in shock.

Being an avid lover of perfumes, I could deduce a woman's scent.

“Don't change the topic. I caught you red handed and you're not even wearing your wedding ring!"

The wedding ring was a cage to me. Each time I looked at it, I remembered my silly mistake of falling in love with him and how even though I yearned to be free, I'd never be because Tom wouldn't let me go.

“I didn't want it to get lost, that's why I left it at home." Even though I knew my defense was weak, it was the only thing I had.

Tom scoffed and shook his head. The car came to a halt and we were stuck in traffic.

“You didn't want it to get lost, huh? You must think I am a fool but since you think so low of me, two can play the game. Bring it on."

"Why weren't you picking up your phone then since you really weren't doing anything at the bar? Where the hell did you put the phone? How come I called you countless times and you never even saw one?" He plagued me with questions.

I dug through my purse and pulled out my phone immediately. There were fifty missed calls from him. He had probably started calling when I was upstairs with Golden.

I threw it back in my purse and faced him.
“The club was loud, you could see it for yourself when you got there in. Oh, I forgot you stopped the music with your ruckus." I couldn't hide my sarcasm anymore.

Why did he have to be a jerk at every point in time?

“Oh please, do you think I'm stupid? I called you twenty two times! Women are always with their phones, there's no way you didn't see my calls. You just didn't want to pick them up because you knew you were out or you were too busy with that guy so you didn't see it."

"I know you were waiting for me to leave so you'd do as you like but maybe you do not know this and this will be the last time I'll say it so get it into your thick skull-" Using his index finger,he raised my head to meet his gaze.

"You belong to me and you will forever be mine." I didn't miss the harsh glint in his eyes. Icould read my husband and even his cliche words weren't cliche this time.

Something clicked inside of me.

“How did you know I was at the club?" I asked him.

"Oh spare me those. How couldn't I have known? This is France, where else would you go?" Obviously he was trying to evade the question.

"No, that's not it. I could have been at a shopping mall, a restaurant or even went sightseeing." I pointed out as I remembered his words at the club.

I know you're in there…

"Leave the topic alone, Eve."

"You have someone following me, don't you?" I pressed further knowing that if I stopped now I would probably never get an answer to this particular question because I could already feel a surge in his anger which means that he would soon spill the truth.

“Answer me, Tom. Why do you have to be so obsessive about me?  You really put someone on my tail, do you know how crazy that sounds?"

“No! Why should I waste my money on guards when I could as well track you! Happy now?"

"What?" I gasped in shock as I stared at the man who had turned my life into a nightmare.

** ** **
Who would have thought that he placed a tracker on her?🥹 Please like and comment. I loveee you😘