Catching her offguard

Tom's POV

The phone rang for fucking ages. I didn't know how long I stood there before Eve, dialing the damned number on the card. The fucker who owned the number didn't pick the call. 

My forehead furrowed in a frown. I glanced at Eve who remained in the ground shaking like she had epilepsy or some shit. There was a nasty purple bruise on the side of her face. 

This was what she got for pissing me off. I had planned good things for us! I had planned to spend the day in her damned arms before she went ahead and pulled that shit on me. 

Cheat on me? Fucking ridiculous. I was going to find the bastard she had gone frolicking around with and I was going to snap his arms off. 

"Tom,... Please," She protested weakly, stretching her hands towards me. 

I slapped her hands away from me. After I was done with the bastard she went off to, I'd deal with her as well. Whichever came first.

The call dropped when no one responded. Antsy, I dialed it again. Why the hell was the jackass not picking my calls? Had she been telling the truth all along? Had she really gone for a walk?

I looked down at her dress, it was a fragile flimsy thing that barely covered her. She definitely hadn't gone for a walk. 

"Why isn't he picking up?!" I growled, reaching for her hair, grabbing a fist full of it. She yelled in pain and I pulled harder in satisfaction at the way her face contorted. 

"I don't know!" She cried. "Please Tom! Let me go!"

"Let you go?!" Let her go? She had to be out of her fucking mind. "You are mine! Letting you go is not an option! Is that why you went ahead to cheat on me?! Did you hope I would let you go?!"

"No! I didn't. I didn't, I swear!" 

"Then how the fuck did you get this card?!" I demanded. 

The card could not belong to a woman. It was a man. Definitely a man. 

"I-I told y-you," She shivered, trembling under my gaze. Good. 

Just how I liked it. I wanted her to be as submissive as ever. "He had approached me at the club that night and gave me his card. I didn't need it so I didn't call him. I-I had forgotten all about it Tom," 

I sighed and tossed the phone on the bed. Could she be telling the truth? Eve rarely lied to me. Perhaps because she knew I was going to beat the shit out of her if she tried. But now, staring at me with all that fear in her eyes, I didn't think she was lying. Unless she had a death wish. 

"Please," She whimpered. "If I was interested, I would have hid that card from you," 

Fair point. I had found it lying around the room. If she had gone to meet whoever owned that number, she ought to have hidden the card. I peered at her through narrowed slits. 

"You're not lying to me, are you?" 

She shook her head slowly, as much as she could, wincing in pain after a while. 

My shoulders relaxed and I dropped on my knees. Her pretty face was all swollen and looking quite blue. Her lower lip was busted from the slap earlier and she closed her eyes tight when I loomed nearer. 

It was all her fault! 

If she hadn't set me off, none of this would have happened. I did it all because I was scared I would lose her. She was the monster! She terrified me. If I wasn't so damned scared that she was slipping away from me, I wouldn't have had to do that to her. 

I reached for her hair, gentler this time, running my hands through her hair. She shuddered, withdrawing away from me. 

"It's your fault," I said with a sigh. "If you hadn't acted all suspicious, I wouldn't have had to do all of this. You know how much I love you, don't you?" 

Eve's blue eyes looked at me warily and I sighed wistfully.

"My fragile heart cannot bear the thought of losing you, you know that Eve," I murmured, reaching for her hands. Tugging at them, I helped her rise from the floor, watching her fidget under my gaze. 

It was all her fault. If she hadn't ticked me off, I wouldn't be so mad. I had driven all the way back home for her. To see her. And then I found out she had broken out of the hotel room and couldn't reach her! 

Any man who cared for his wife would be worried. I was worried. And the thought of her with another man was sickening. She was mine to use. To discard and toss aside when I was done. She had signed up for it all when she agreed to become mine. 

I led her to the bed and helped her sit then. Her breaths came in shudders and hiccups. She must have cried a lot. 

"You need to clean up," I told her, tilting her face up so I could inspect her face. "Your left cheek is starting to swell. And it doesn't look pretty." 

She sniffed and yanked her face out of my hands. I laughed at the look of anger on her face. 

"Aww is my little Eve mad at me?" My knuckles grazed the side of her face, stroking the tender skin. "Don't be mad at me honey. I only discipline you because I love you. A woman's place is with her man. Your place is with me." 

Her lips parted in a scoff and I grinned. She certainly did look adorable when she was mad. But not now. Not with her face turning as blue as the fucking sky. I touched the bruise lightly and she winced, letting out a quiet sob when I pressed harder. 

"I'll get you some ice packs. We'll need that swelling to go down by the time we leave." I informed her, rising to my feet. 

"Leave?" She asked, her voice husky. "Where are we going?" 

I grinned while whipping out two tickets I had gone to book that very morning. Seeing how comfortable she had gotten in France had been a damned catalyst. 

Sure I was done with my business deal, I had been done in a while. And I would have loved to spend a day or two more with Marie. But when Eve had disappeared on me and I had almost gone crazy with the idea that she was cheating on me, I knew we had to fucking leave. 

"Yes, we're leaving Paris. We're going back home babe." I winked at her, knowing it must have caught her off guard. 

** ** ** **
Tom should be jailed for traumatizing Eve this way🥹. Please vote, add to your library and comment🥰