Chapter Thirteen

Song time!

 Moral of the Story- ASHE (ft. Niall Horan) or not the version doesn't matter.

Haunted (Taylor's Version)- Taylor Swift and betty- Taylor Swift

Can you tell I'm a Swiftie? Anyone who has read the mini comic "The Ethics of Infatuation Dynamics" on Webtoon will get the Zooey Deschanel reference. 

CHARLIE POV

Charlie was bored. It was a rare day off and he was bored out of his mind. Tao had gone into town with Elle and had informed Charlie he'd be staying over at Elle's and the only company Charlie had was Kit. The equally bored cat had given up on the string toy and laser pointer, opting instead to sleep in his cat tree. 

The day passed quietly with several movies, several episodes of Too Hot to Handle UK, and a whole bag of Cheetos. 

Around 4 pm, the doorbell rang. This was unexpected considering Tao wasn't going to be back that night. Charlie got up, and checked the peephole but something was blocking it. 

He opened the door a crack and swung it open fully at the sight of his siblings. 

"I-"

"Hello, Charles." Tori said, a rare smile on her face.

"CHARLIEEEEE!" Oliver hugged Charlie's legs nearly making him topple over. 

"What are you doing here? How did you get here?" Charlie said, picking up the ever-hyper Oliver.

"Older sister magic and Tao said you were sad." Tori stated bluntly.

"Um-" Tori marched past Charlie and into the flat. 

Oliver jumped down from Charlie's hold and ran after his sister and into the living room. Charlie turned on SpongeBob for him and Tori and Charlie walked into the kitchen. 

"I'm not sad." Charlie tried.

Tori just stared at him. "Yes you are."

"Tori-" 

"Nope. What happened?"

"Nick and I broke up." 

"Was he a knob after all?" 

Charlie shrugged sadly, "I thought he was different and that we could really do this. But I was blindsided. He promised to never cheat mere hours before he did. Tara says it wasn't his fault, but I don't know if I can give him another chance. I just feel so foolish and really, it was obvious from the start that we aren't a good match. I guess mistakes got made and we were a mistake." 

Tori nods, "Do you miss him?" 

"Yes." 

"Well, don't be an ass. Get him back."

"It isn't that simple." 

"Charles, listen. If what Tara said is true, then he didn't do anything wrong." 

"No matter what, I don't think we fit together."

"Does it feel right when you kiss him? Hold his hand?" Tori looks grossed out just saying these things despite her own long-term boyfriend, Michael. 

"I don't know. It isn't like there's any lack of chemistry. I think he's better suited to another big star like Zooey Deschanel or someone like that. Not some minor actor like me who just landed his first major role." 

"You're worthy of love, Charles." 

"Not according to Mom and Dad." 

At this, Tori lets a small expression of rage cross her pale face. "It doesn't matter what they think anymore. You're still here and doing better without them anyways."