Chapter 28

Sihan sits in the rocking chair with his baby in arms, he can't put him down, he is afraid that he will disappear if he takes his eyes away. He can't sleep, he feels stupid. Run? He doesn't even know the doctor that well he could be a human traffickers for all he knows. 

"Noah, I love you. You know that right? So much I'll do anything for you." 

Sihan knows the power of the Laurier family, once when speculations of their relationship spread it was quickly shut down and many people were silenced this was what led Nathaniel's parents to threaten him saying he should remain a mistress. It was tough and he knew that Nathaniel being the only child for his parents had to face the reality that he will never escape their grasp unless he inherits his grandfather's company. 

Sihan knows, but he feels so hopeless time and time again. Noah was breathing heavily but feeling a droplet of water beneath his eyes as he opened them slowly. 

This is it in the book, the shou subjugated himself to being the gong's plaything after his baby saying papa. And he resigns himself to the mental and physical abuse of the gong. 

But he won't say it instead, he will say. "Mama" 

Sihan pauses as he looks at his son, "Noah," 

"Mama" 

"Aren't you too young to be talking,"

'Well I am a protagonist too you know, I feel icky and tired' 

Sihan looks into his baby's eyes, if he stays with Nathaniel his baby's hopeful eyes will wither away and grow to be like Nathaniel.

But he doesn't know doctor Amani well, not to mention the price of running away is cutting off the family he loves.

He once disengaged from his family before but can he do it again? What if running away only makes it worse than better? What about Amani? If they discovered him he could lose his job.

He doesn't know, his baby is sick? Nathaniel… his parents want to take his baby away. 

"Mama" 

  "Mama" 

"Mama" 

  "Mama" 

Noah feels out of breath, he is tired, the fever is getting to him. 

"Maybe… maybe I can try again? Right" 

Noah feels distress, it's because of him. The sacrifice he took so he didn't have to lose him, sometimes children are like chains for parents and it pains him knowing he is the reason why his mother is hesitating, if he hadn't gotten him so young, if he wasn't born…

"Noah… mommy is gonna do something really stupid, and it may be at the cost of losing your papa, grandma and grandpa." 

As Noah heard it and a smile brightens his flushed cheeks, Sihan feels hope in that smile and the encouragement to do as he pleases. It's been two days since he spoke with Doctor Amani, he soon called him. The phone rings for a while before cutting off to voice-mail.

"Amani here and since I missed your call state your business now and maybe I'll get back to you," BEEP–

Sihan breathed then spoke in the speaker, "um… it's Sihan Evans and… I accept" his voice trembles. 

Not long after he deletes Amani's contact and messages as well as call logs. He runs to his room to pack his stuff while Noah sleeps on the bed.

Sihan thinks of the things that he needs then takes Noah's baby book and his very own art book. His art book is like a picture dairy of his life which he treasures a lot so he keeps this as a memento to himself.

As he place the book down he froze when he heard.

"What's going on?" 

Sihan turns to see Nathaniel. 

Nathaniel looks at the suitcase on the floor with clothes pack inside. "I guess this means your leaving Noah?" 

Sihan frowns then looks at the floor sadly, "No, but I'd like to spend the month with my family. At least to make Noah at least know one side of his grand parents" Sihan said folding the clothes.

"What about me? Wouldn't Noah have a hard time remembering me?" He asks coldly.

"But you seems to don't have a problem with him forgetting me?" Sihan grumbles at him.

Before he could react, Sihan feels himself being yanked into the grips of Nathaniel who shove him against the wall. Sihan winches from the pain.

"Don't you understand?! This hurts me too, do you think I want to break our family apart?! Everything good in my life is taken away from me! Sihan, I don't want to break apart our family but my parents they will ruin you and your family to get what they want don't you understand?!" He yells. 

Nathaniel breaks down on his shoulder, burying his face into Sihan's neck. 

"I'm so tired," 

Sihan wavers wondering what will happen to Nathaniel if he leaves, Nathaniel is really vulnerable and here he was thinking of running away. As he was ready to hug Nathaniel he froze, as the words of Amani echo through his head.

"Why is it that when you don't comply with his wants and wishes, he starts to show another side. Noah is young and impressionable. Be honest with yourself and look for a moment. Is that the kind of person you'd want around your son?" 

Sihan's hands trembles as he rests his hands on Nathaniel's back then rest his head In the back of his neck.

"Don't worry Nat, don't worry".