chapter 50

Noah smiles as he sees his mother, Sihan hugs Noah and holds his face. His sweet boy, he doesn't know anything about the secret his mother is keeping from him. If he did, what would his reaction be?

“So how was your day today?” Sihan asks.

“It's great! I got to be a doctor, but dad was extremely busy. He is really close with his patients,” Noah said.

Sihan smiles, “then you won't mind spending another day right?”

Noah paused, it was fun he won't lie but he feels like there is something a miss. “Sure!”

There could be a lot of things he could learn from his job plus that kid Arian he'd like to learn what's his deal.

Sihan thinks it's best Noah spends less time with him for now. Not until he is sure Nathaniel really doesn't recognize him, then he can be free and if not he doesn't know what to do next.

“Noah, I love you no matter what, you know that right?” Sihan asks

Noah paused, he could feel his mother’s  hands trembling. ‘What happened?’

Sihan soon wraps his arms around him hugging him, his heart hurt fearing that he might lose his son.

‘Noah, someday I'll tell you everything but for now… please stay close to me.’

This helplessness, Sihan hates it. All he wants is to live out his days with his baby but life has other plans. Amani looks at Sihan he can already tell.

“Noah, how about you freshen up while your mother prepares dinner,” he smiles.

Sihan looks at Amani who smiles at him, Noah is confused, he shakes his shoulder then begins to walk away. As Amani estimates the young boy is far enough away he looks at Sihan.

“Something happened.” he said, with a calm tone as he placed his hands in his jacket.

Sihan sighs, he guesses he was transparent. “Well, Nathaniel visited the bakery today.” Sihan said.

Amani brows furrowed, “what did he do? he didn't  threaten you?”

“No! No, he didn't recognize me…” Sihan hesitates.

Amani was sceptical, “him? Not remembering you? Don't fall for it.”

“I won't but… it's just that I don't want to play a blind eye then he catches me off guard. Nathaniel is very good at doing that. I have him be more transparent than him plotting secretly…” Sihan said.

“Sihan, whatever happens you must never let it head to court, understand? He has a wife doesn't he? If he hasn't come out to attack you means he is actually cautious about revealing this.” Amani said, worried…

Sihan smiles, “I won't let no one, not even him take Noah away from me. He doesn't have a right to a son he didn't want.” Sihan breathes, he is solidifying his thoughts.

He will never allow him to take his baby from him even if it means becoming the bad guy, Amani looks up seeing Noah at the staircase.

Amani was taken aback, “Noah.”

Noah looks at him, “yes dad,”

“Are you okay?” He asks concern.

Sihan is on the hedge, he didn't notice him there, how much did he hear?

“I'm okay,” he then looks behind him. “Hey dad…”

“Yes?” Amani asks, a bit nervous.

“Can I see Arian tomorrow?” Noah asks, trying to change the topic.

“Hm? Arian?” Sihan asks, curiously.

“It's a new friend Noah met,” Amani answers.

“Friend? Noah made a friend!” Sihan said happily. “Noah, come tell me about your new friend.”

“He is not! He just looks funny.” Noah said, regretting his decision.

“Then a crush?” Sihan gasped.

“How did you come to that conclusion! HE IS TOO YOUNG FOR ME!!” Noah shouts running off.

There was a loud banging sound upstairs, before Sihan's eyes sparkled looking at Amani.

Amani, seeing the glitter in Sihan's eyes chuckles, “I'll tell you once they become friends.”

“Please do!”

“Well, it seems I have to say goodbye now.” Amani said, looking at his watch.

“Oh… you're going to work?” Sihan asks, feeling disappointed.

“Mm… yeah. Just wanted to finish up a few things, then be back in about 2 to 3 hours.” He said.

“Okay… um… well, about um… last Night…” Sihan is nervous, this will be his second relationship and he has no idea what to say or do. Is it even a relationship? Maybe he was just overthinking and Amani was just acting on the moment.

Amani holds his face then gently kisses his forehead, “careful, you might short-circuit your brain. Don't overthink it and just go at our pace, so I'll clear up my schedule for a date night?”

Sihan smiles as his heart calms down as he inhales. “Yeah, well go, go, or you'll be late!”

Sihan pushes him gently, “wait! I need to say goodbye to our son first?”

Sihan looks down embarrass then up at Amani. He puts his hands down, Amani takes this opportunity to kiss his chin then head upstairs.

____________________________________

Arian sighs looking at his bandage arm, “I don't feel anything.”

“Are you sure? It's pretty bad.” The lady said observing his arms.

“I'm fine, haa… when can I leave?”

“Ari, your dad and I… you know you can talk us about anything, right?” She said.

“Sofia, I don't care.” Arian lies down.

Sofia sighs, she is worried. “I carried books you can read, I know how you love to study.” She smiles.

Arian smiles, “thank you, I appreciate it.”

‘I'm sick and tired… of this world.’

A/n
Future couples... who do you think is who?

Which is Arian and which is Noah?