Chapter Six

Charles's  pov

I was lying on my huge bed staring emptily at the ceiling deep in my thoughts

I saw her today. It really was her. My ex-wife... Savannah.... My savannah

She'd changed so much. Her hair wasn't straightened. She'd styled them into loose waves. She looked different. But the thing that bothered me the most weren't her looks. It was the ring.

Was she engaged? Or worse, did she marry someone? Someone who isn't me. Is this the reason she left? Because of some stupid guy?

Why am I even thinking about it? Why is it bothering me so much? It's been six freaking years.

The thoughts were making me sick in the stomach when my phone started to ring. Mrs. Williams name popped up on the screen

I got up and picked the call

"Hello Mr. Leclerc, it's me Kathy"

"Yes Mrs. Williams, how's your husband's condition now?

"Actually, that's why I called. Stephen needs to undergo surgery immediately; they're shifting him to San Raffaele. I'm also flying to Milan with him. Mr. Leclerc, I won't be able to come to work for the next few days."

"Yea of course Mrs. Williams I can totally understand. Your husband's health matters the most right now. Do whatever's the best for him. And yes don't worry about the money. I'll handle that.

"Thankyou Mr.Leclerc."

Also... I pause for a while, took a deep breath "do you have Sav..I mean Rose, Rose Brook's number?"

"Yes I do. Ill send it to you immediately.

"Yes pls do. Thankyou"

A while later my phone chimed. An array of 10 digits flashed before me

I typed the number on my phone

308**6**23.
My hand hesitated before I tapped on the call button and what I saw next shattered my heart into a million pieces.

                                  " Wife❤️ "

"WIFE with a red heart" appeared on my screen.

Yup I forgot I already had it saved.

I'm gonna cry Fr :/