1. Beginning

The attic floor boards creak here as the people below me hussel around below me. No windows causes my lungs to feel helpess as if they were wings clipped from a bird, from the lack of fresh air. It's cold, my poorly kept clothes with rips and stains are all I'm left with, keeping my starved bones from aching.

My name is Abby Sallow, of the ashenhowl pack. I was born here, 23 years ago outside of here in a small house with the most loving parents. Oh, how much they loved me, cared for me, I wish they were here.

All I remember from back then was being taken away from there, on a winter night without saying goodbye I fought so hard.

Now, looking around at these walls being eaten by cobwebs I often think of who I could've been if I wasn't ripped away from them that night.

Would I have been stronger? Braver? I could ponder for hours about that wanting to know, but thats what make daydreams additive.

The hatch door opened with its rusty squeal dropping with a thud, I dont have to turn around to acknowledge its one of the alphas guards. The high ego stench could be smelt from miles away, like a poison.

"Abby I can see you haven't ate your dinner, such rebellion" the man cooed like I was some small child that needed comfort from a stranger. Keeping eyes focused on the wood ahead of me I gave a little shrug, causing a tsk from him.

"No man likes disobedience from a women, you should know this personally." Running a hand over my entangled hair as he stepped in front of me his shoes coming into view, I couldn't help but look up to him with my dull brown eyes.

"Eating something that isn't edible isn't worth it." I said dryly watching as his gaze went to the plate. "Food is food, when given." He said.

Even though this man was curt, I wasn't going to let him win by just laying low. Wouldn't take much for him to have what he wants or even to kill me wouldn't even take much.

As brutal as it is, I'm tired of living for nothing but just existing. "Well well fiesty as hell, this could've been fun. But it looks like you're been removed from here to somewhere else." He said kicking the plate away from me towards the corner.

Moved? "And where will I be moved?" I question as he grabbed my arm, making my weak legs almost buckle from the lack of standing for periods of time. "None of your concern," he shortly spoke dragging towards the hatch. Once we made it down the ladder he grabbed my shirt from the back firmly, forcefully dragging me down hall's and down stairs.

People whispered lowly as I pass by I must look like a stranger to most of them, some haven't even met me before in this lifetime.

He opened a fairly large door causing my eyes to blink rapidly from being blinded by the sunlight. Sunlight? It feels so warm on my skin, so inviting in a way.

"Move!" He grunted nudging me, I did not realized I have stopped walking. Looking around I could see trees and land that looked like it stretched for miles. A itch started to take over, an itch to run.