3. Pretty Penny

The sound of a snuff brought me out out of my deep sleep, a large grey wolf was hovering over mine. He seemed to be mindlinking with his dazed expression, as he looked beside me at another slimmer one but still strong. I try my best to get up, but my wet fur felt like bricks on my aching bones, the large one turned to me placing a front paw on my back holding me down.

"Don't move, our alpha is on his way." The unnamed male wolf grunted out, I remained still not fighting him as he lifted his paw. "Do you know what you're doing out here?" The female one spoke up, sitting down against the moss underneath her. "I was trying to find my way to the nearest town" I lied, if I tell them the truth I might be sent back for being a refuge.

"The nearest town is plenty of miles away, and not in this direction that you stumbled into." She spoke almost with a hint of remorse in her voice, making me shy away from the truth even more at this very moment.

I didn't know what my plan was, I just wanted to leave that place. Maybe I should've thought it through, but I didn't have the time.

A large brown wolf came from over the hill behind the female, power raiding off of him as he stands taller than im assuming his scouts. His orange amber eyes pierced mine as he looked around before turning his glance "You do not smell like a rouge, so where are you coming from? Which pack territory?" He calmly said examining my body carefully. " Im Abby from Ashenhowl" I stated lowly. They all grew silent talking among themselves, the scouts nodded before tracking off the alpha turned to me.

"I'm alpha Adonis of noblewood pack, I will take you in until further questions." Adonis spoke with pride, I struggled to stand following his lead my paws whining with every step I take.

It felt like hours we've been walking, into a huge clearing houses and people coming into view as they all went into there homes. He must have mindlinked them when we were about here.

Adonis went inside a house, which gave me time to take in my surroundings. The houses where all very beautiful, very well-built all have personal touches. Cobble walk-ways from door to door all very maintained as well, its all so very nice. They must all be happy here, I can see why.

"I need you to change" a voice spoke beside me, it was a man in his early 30s in a lab coat. "My name is Issac, I will be taking you in for you to get an health examination before Adonis wants to talk." Isaac smiled putting his hand out with a white robe, I shifted back with a whine feeling my bones twist and break back into position.

Isaacs' face frowned as I took the robe, covering my neglected body as I followed him into the house to the back room which was set up as a small nurses station.

The bed was comfortable, better than the floor I had to sleep on in the attic. "So what's your medical history?" Issac said pulling out a clip board while taking a seat. "I don't have a medical history sir"

"well it looks like we are going to do a full body examination." He said calmly, I shook my hands. "No need I just need to know the closes town, I don't have to stay here." He frowned not looking up from his papers.

"You look like you need help Abby, their is no reason to be scared we are going to make sure you are doing fine." I shook my head at his words, growing slightly annoyed.

" I don't need help" I stated, as Adonis slipped in the room his tall muscular toned arms held at his sides.

"From the looks of it I would say you do need help." Adonis said making Issac nod, making me sigh. "Adonis I need to go to town, i dont feel like i need to be here" he looked at me with a confident look, shaking his head. "I can't let that happen, we have been having problems with your pack for some time now and I believe you can be of some use to us."

I raised an eyebrow to his words,"So bait?"

Adonis gave a sly smile that made his amber eyes to sparkle. "I wouldn't say bait, but more of something of pure interest to them. They don't like to hand off stuff for free, that would include a pack member."

So bait.