chapter 7 end of the road

( hotel)

Kiba: There were Grim Reapers at the parking lot. There's quite a number of them.

Kiba informed after returning from his look-out duties.

Azazel: …That bastard Hades! He's seriously making a move! - spat in disgust.

After the fight with Cao Cao, the Gremory team, Irina, Azazel, Vali, Kuroka, Le Fay, Ravel and Ophis along with lucy, murayama and katase regrouped at the upper floor of the hotel in this artificial space. The hotel was roughly sixty stories high. They moved to the middle which is the 30th floor and had that whole floor covered with many of Le Fay's sturdy barriers and had it designated as the base. If she wanted to, Le Fay could put defensive barriers on the whole area, but for having a certain amount of defence only one floor was the limit. They had a surprisingly small amount of injured. Thanks to the quick thinking from Ise, and even quicker action, they were spared a more drawn out battle which could have resulted in a larger injured list.

As it stood, the only one in a bad way was Vali and he had Asia and Kuroka tending to him, with some support from Koneko. Le Fay had tried to use Dispel the curse, but it seems Samaels curse was far too powerful to be neutralised by regular methods even from a witch as talented as Le Fay. Vali had no choice but to wait out the natural time length of the curse and hope his body could hold it off for long enough.

Currently, the rest of the gang was trying to put together a strategy to ditch this place, but it was easier said than done. Georg's mastery with the [Dimension Lost] meant that they couldn't simply brute force their way out of this sub-space. They needed to think smart and exploit any weaknesses they could find.

Le Fay entered the room while expelling a sigh.

Le fay: An official notification just came from the main headquarters. To explain it simply, it said " The Vali team tried to stage a coup d'état by deceiving Ophis and making the organization become theirs. Ophis was rescued safely by Hero-faction. Terminate any remaining Vali team members when found". That's how it is.

She said. Many were shocked at the fate of the Vali team, as well as the underhandedness of the Hero-Faction.

Azazel: So it turned out like that. The Vali team is not only being targeted by the Hero-faction, but things turned out like this when they were trying to grant Ophis's wish. What hardship.

Azazel lamented. Le Fay then replied with a downcast attitude.

Le fay: We checked on the mysteries of the World beginning from Great Red-san, looking for legendary strong people, and sometimes make Ophis-sama's wish true….. But it seems like the Hero-faction found us a nuisance because we have immense power. Also Siegfried-sama seems to hate us a lot. Especially he didn't find it amusing that his former rival, my brother Arthur, came to this group… - She explained.

Issei: Mysteries of the world? - he asked incredulously.

Le fay: Yes! We started off with the secret about Great Red-san swimming at the dimensional gap. The extinct civilisations. The technology of the lost continent of Mu and the continent of Atlantis. We also searched about parallel universes. We also went to look at the Yggdrasill from Norse mythology. Also the anecdote of legendary strong people and search on the Heroes or creatures who's status, either dead or alive, is unknown. Sometimes we do terrorism - She informed him,