Chapter 9

Annalise POV

Julianna looked really mad, I haven't seen her this mad since I won homecoming queen in high school. She barged into the room not caring what I was saying.

“Hey you can't come in here like that..” I said calmly. “Shut up” she said as she started to walk into my house and look around at all of my things.

She went to the bag by the leather couch and threw it at me. “What’s his stuff doing her brat?” she said in a nasty tone.  Everything about her screamed rage and anger. If she didnt like me before she definitely doesn't like me now.

Julianna started to circle around me like I was her prey. I felt very small and belittled with no one home. I couldn't get help from anyone. Even with the extra space around us I felt like I was in a small hole.

She pushed me causing me to fall on the floor. I pulled my legs up and looked up at her with tears in my eyes. She smiled at my sad state and continued to look down at me spitting out profanities. My mind started to feel fuzzy, bad thoughts coming to my mind. The thoughts of how my father used to beat me with hatred when I was younger.

How he thought I didnt remember everything he did but I did. I remembered how when I was around the age of five and he used to put my head under the water while my mom wasn't looking, telling me to stop being so stupid for not knowing in his words “Basic things that he knew how to do.” He hated that I looked like my mother. He despised her and started to despise me as I got older.

I started to cry and I put my head in between my knees and softly cried not listening to anything that Julianna was saying. Before I knew it I started to breath heavily and I started to close my eyes not knowing why this happened at all.

Reece POV

I started to head to Anna’s house and before I went there I made sure I looked okay. Then I went into my car and started to head down to her house…. As I arrived I had a bad feeling about things but shrugged it off.

I grabbed the teddy and flowers I got for Anna out of the car making sure they looked good for her and I locked the car, heading up to the door. The door was slightly opened which made me worry.

Even though it felt weird, I gently opened the door seeing Anna on the floor. I put the things down rushing to her, putting her into my arms and hugging her body to me.

Annalise POV

As I was sitting down crying I felt a pair of hands on me. They held me tightly, running their hands through my hair. Their voice was captivating me as they whispered sweet nothings into my ear. I started to calm down.

Knowing the person was Reece and that he came to get me. I started to get out of my bad thoughts in my mind. Opening my eyes to see the man that I thought was Reece who came to comfort me. With sweet whispers and soft hands on my body.

I look at him and he uses his thumbs to wipe the tear off my cheeks and he helps me up. I fix my hair and he looks at me while I do that. “Are you alright?” He says in a soft tone I give him a small nod and ask if he was ready. I wasn't ready to talk to him about what happened at all so I didnt really say anything about it.

He understood and he led me to the kitchen where he sat me down and gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses and a medium sized teddy bear. I smiled at him and gave him a hug. He took my hand and led me to the car.

He opened the car door for me and then went to his seat, sitting in it and we both put on our seatbelts. After our seatbelts were on, he drove down to the restaurant. After about 20 minutes we arrived at a big huge fancy establishment.

The lights and the windows were big and beautiful. Nothing else I've seen compared to it. I love everything about it. Lost in my thoughts I didnt even realise Reece was speaking to me. He was already out of the car, jacket in hand while he opened my side door.

He led me out and we went into the establishment. Feeling hungry and amazed we sat in a red booth. The chairs were leather material and they felt really soft and the tables were really smooth. Like it's just been sanded down or something.

Everything about this place made me feel in awe even though I was so nervous. I felt my heartbeat in my chest rapidly. This was the first time I've ever been on a date with a male. So many questions ran through my head,

“Do I look okay?”

“Do I smell?”

Everything was just coming to me at