Playing God

Joel drops the letter to the ground, watching Lizzie pick it up and look at it with horror in her eyes, and Jimmy walking up close behind them.

"It was never Ren, it was all him, everything was him!" Joel shouts, bashing his fist against the window, looking down at the city he was supposed to protect. Instead, he was manipulated into starting a war against an innocent nation.

"Joel, you could get revenge, you know what you need to do." Lizzie looks up at him fearful of the state he is in, watching him turn around with pure anger in his eyes.

"Retreat all our forces to Stratos, and send letters to the dwarvern keep and the mushroom forrest, we will need them for the fight to come if we are to have a chance." Joel says with guilt in his voice, looking down at Jimmy and Lizzie, who look unimpressed.

"And the crastle, send a letter to the crastle asking them to retreat here, and make sure they know everything we just found out." Joel finally gives in to Jimmy and Lizzie, who smile up at him before Jimmy leaves the room to do as told.

Joel walks down to where Lizzie is standing, taking her by the hands and looking into her eyes, "What have i done, Lizzie?" He asks with a shaky voice.

"You did what any true friend would have done, and now you are going to make up for thay mistake by beating Cub and restoring peace to the realm." She says, placing her hand on the side of his face, watching him fall into her touch.

"Thank you, Lizzie, and by the end of this, i promise i will be on the winning side, and all of this will be over." He says, nodding his head, Lizzie pulling her hand away from him and smiling at him before walking away.

"Yes! arise from the depths of your soul and come back to the land of the living once again, become the warrior you need to be to serve your king!" Doc shouts, looking down at Wels' twitching body, the smell of death more than gone, and a man that looks nothing short of alive lifting himself off the table as Doc laughs menacingly in the background.

"Finally, i have perfected it, the perfect soldier, incapable of speech and incapable of disobeying a command, my glorious subject, my greatest creation, welcome back old friend, the king awaits your arrival." He chuckles before leading Wels out of his room, the now armoured man as silent as he was when dead, a head so large but filled with no thoughts like a mindless drone.

Doc throws open the doors of the throne room with an unmissable smirk on his face, walking forward as Wels follows close behind.

"I see you finally did it, Doc. im proud of your work." Cub smiles standind up, walking past False who is frozen in shock and making his way over to his new personal guard.

"He'll do anything you want, and he won't disobey you. He can speak, but he'll only speak if you command him to, and only exactly what you commanded him to." Doc says, brushing his hand along the large steel chestplate Wels is wearing.

"What have you done? Why would you do this, i saw that man die. I saw it! he'd never fight for you!" False shouts, looking at the undead in front of her. Its pale eyes drill into her own, making her feel uneasy

"Think of it this way, False, this isn't Wels. It doesn't have the brain of Wels, just the body, a very useful body to say the least, and a great bodyguard." Cub looks back at her, smirking before walking up to her and patting her on the shoulder, making his way out of the room with Wels behind him.

"You're sick Doc, you should know that." False says angrily before turning around to leave.

"He follows all of my commands before Cub's, just remember that False." He replies, catching her looking back, giving her a small smile.