For you

<13 years ago>
Dogwarts.

Etho pushes past people running in the streets, finding himself tripping over various debris and bodies scattered across the ground, trying to make his way towards his own home.

He picks himself up, rubbing dust from his eyes as he spits out some blood, not giving himself a second to catch a breath as he races through the winding streets.

Only one thing is on his mind, his family, the people he loves, the people he has to defend at all costs, the woman he loves, and his young children.

"Don't go outside, stay under the bed, your father's coming. i promise it'll be okay." Cleo says, taking both her children in her arms, tears rolling down her skin, the unrotting skin she once had.

"What's going on? why are you crying?" one of the boys asks, clutching onto his own fists as screams can be heard outside.

"Nothing, it's okay, boys, don't you worry." She wipes her tears, trying to place a large smile on her face as a large piece of her roof crumbles behind her, causing the boys to cling to her.

She can't bear the screams she heard from them, children too young for war, and too young to lose their family.

"Where's pungence?" The other asks with glistening eyes, large glistening eyes which break Cleo's heart.

"He's gone." She nearly silently whispers to them, but to them, she shouted it, hearing the news of your brother dying being soul crushing.

"Gone?" Little Scar asks, confused as to what Cleo truly means by gone. Maybe he had escaped the walls, although Scar's not even sure if he returned from Stratos.

"im sorry, boys." She lets the tears escape her eyes as her door caves in, a Stratos man finding himself stood in her doorway with bloodlusting eyes and a smirk.

"Boys, run!" She shouts as she grabs the two of them, trying to drag them to the window, making sure to push them fully out the close to the ground window.

"Come with us!" Bdubs shouts, trying to pull on Cleo, desperate for her to climb out with them.

"I can't fit, go find your uncle please, I love you!" She shouts before turning around, leaving the two boys alone..

She leans down to her shoe, pulling out a small dagger she had placed inside and pointing it towards the hostile man while tears flow through her skin.

Etho turns onto the street where they had lived, noticing the house far up with a bashed in door. He doesn't wait for breath. How can he when his children are in there. He needs to save them.

He starts running up the street, pulling out his sword as he pushes others in his path onto the ground, blocking out all sound. He has to save his children. He has to!

He runs further before tripping on a slab broken up in the pavement, dropping to the ground and hitting his head on the ground, causing him to be disoriented with blood trickling down his head.

Etho stands up, trying to find all his strength to make it to the door. Not far now, he walks slow and weakly, and any other man would still be lying on the ground right now.

He uses his sword to stop himself dropping, trying to take in any air he can as the world spins around him, but the one thing that snaps him back into reality is the blood curling scream that comes from the house infront of him.

The world snaps back to place as his heart skips a beat at the sound, his eyes fixated onto the door in front of him as he pulls him and his sword up into position, walking into house to find a man standing over the body on the ground, the body of the woman he loved, the body of the mother of his children.