The War to end all Wars

Scar leans over the balcony, watching bodies from the battle which had just ended being dragged across the stone slabs of the Stratos ground, blood stains littered across them all as the suns rays of light make the red liquid shine into his eyes.

He holds the bouquet of flowers Grian had gotten him in his hands, the variety of red and purple flowers being more than he could have asked for, he doesn't even know if Grian survived, or if anyone had after he had run off to the secluded section of the castle. Scar knows he should be finding Grian and Bdubs right now, but he doesn't want to face everyone else at the moment, including his new foudn father.

He looks up to the falling sun above him, knowing that soon enough, he'll be travelling down to the place he used to call home, the place where it all began, behind those towering walls, the walls he was pushed out of at the age of ten, he was banished alone and scared, for nothing more than a slab of meat, from one man he wishes he could apologise to, except he had met his death in his attempt to help Grian escape.

Scar spins around, hearing slow footsteps behind him, his eyes widening as he's met with a familiar masked man, the one man he wouldn't want to see at the moment.

"Scar, we need to talk." The man says quietly, despite dawning a mask, his face filled with emotion, his eyes filled with hope, and his voice nearly begging to be heard.

"No." Scar replies boldly, turning back around and returning to watching the clean-up below, which was certainly boring, but much better than dealing with his family issues.

"Please, Scar, we have to talk at some point." Etho steps forward again, hoping that maybe even in a second pleas Scar would try listen to him.

"That point doesn't have to be now. I don't talk to strangers." Scar scoffs, becoming inpatient with the man continuously pestering him.

"Im not a stranger, im your father, Scar. You need to talk to me." Etho almost sobs, his voice sounding prepared to break at almost any moment.

Scar turns around quickly, stepping closer to Etho and showing the shimmering tear drops in his eyes, "Yet you're still a stranger." He barks back before trying to barge past Etho.

"It doesn't have to be that way. We can be a family again, Scar." Etho stops him, his hand placed on Scar's arm gently as he looks down at the boy below him.

"Jevin was more of a father to me, and i don't know if you saw, but his dead body is laying outside the castle." Scar shakes his arm away, watching Etho's face drop beneath his mask.

"I know, he sacrificed himself to let me come back to you and Bdubs, i begged him not to, im sorry." Etho pulls his mask down, trying to show Scar that he is truly sorry for the loss of his uncle and his own newfound friend.

"You shouldn't have let him. You could've stopped him!" Scar shouts with welled up eyes, stepping away from Etho.

"I tried, i told him not to, and he did it anyway. Can't you at least try to make his death worth something?" Etho crouches down to Scar's eye level, his white hair shining with the sun as Scar looks to him with a firm grip on the bouquet of flowers.

"Maybe." He scoffs before walking off into the castle, feeling his eyes watering and his vision beginning to blur as he finds his way to the room they had been staying in.

He barges inside, hoping for no one to see him in this state only to be met with Grian standing in front of him with a shocked expression.

"Scar!" He shouts, dropping to his knees in front of the scarred boy and grabbing onto his shoulders, "What's wrong? What happened?" He questions.

Scar struggles to find an answer to his questions, only muffled sobs escaping his mouth before he collapses into his friends arms, finding them to be the only spot he seems to be able to relax in as of recent.