Swiss Cheese and Broken Skis

The economy class would clatter whenever the plane made a change of its course.

An ugly hum, then a jitter, then it would quieten again.

You sat with your head against the metal, trying to keep your eyes closed to wait for time to pass, hoping you could get out of this stupid plane as fast as you could.

"You know, it's weird seeing you without your head pressed against a window like a dog in a car."
Noah hummed, with his eyes in another book.

"We're just flying over water, there's nothing to see. We seem to be headed for Europe."
You commented, ignoring the insult.

You were so close to losing it. But you weren't going to do it in front of the people on the plane that you actually liked.

"You looked like you were hypnotised by the great barrier reef in Australia. Is the water suddenly not that impressive?"

"It is, mostly. But we're flying over the garbage continent in the middle of the Atlantic ocean."
You smiled to yourself.

"It's funny, I think I've spotted where all the trash you talk goes-"
You turned to look at Noah to catch a glimpse of his reaction, but then realised what you were doing.

Be nice. Fly under the radar.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you over your weak attempt to be nice."
Noah hissed back.

Finally, your blood boiled over.

"That's it. Come with me."
You snapped, pushing the book out of his hands and dragging him to the cargo hold by the collar of his shirt.

"Ugh, hey!"

"Shut up."
You kept walking.

A few people caught a glimpse of the interaction, but at this point, you couldn't care less.

————RECORDING LESHAWNA...————

"Ugh, finally! That string bean has been doing nothing but insult Y/N for the entire season, and she'd just been putting up with it!"

"Noah's reputation was basically squashed in season one after his weak effort and attitude problem in the dodgeball game."

"Sister is putting him in his place. I respect that."

————— ENDING RECORDING —————

The cargo hold was damp, and dingy, but a small patch of light through the door gave the two of you enough light to properly see each other.

A patch of silence hit the room, then you finally spoke up.

"Right. Why are you being such a bi-"
You had him grabbed by the collar, somehow forgetting to let him go.

"I'm going to stop you right there,"
He put a finger on your lips.

"Family friendly show. We're being watched, remember?"
He smirked, pointing at a camera.

That rat.
"If it's so family friendly, then why do you think you can get away with constantly insulting me?"

"More important question,"
He intervened.

"Why do you think I can't see through you like a window? You're easy to provoke, and clearly you strategise better than most of the people on this plane."

"I think the two of us can agree that our biggest competition is the person we're looking at right now."
You snickered under your breath, making Noah's face fall flat.
It was hard to see Noah as competition, especially considering Alejandro. But, the fact that he'd read you like a book kept you in your place.