Māori Markings on Empty Skin

Hello! :)

I messed up the Author's note, oops.
I'm currently walking up a massive hill. Which me luck.

Today's winner, by server adoration is @tropicalgum

I think it's hilarious, honestly.

See you next time!
-Taco <3

———————

The lights were at their maximum ugly hum-buzz in the morning.

Once you'd scratched the sleep from your eyes, you noticed you were alone.

Noah had at least given you the chance to sleep on your own for the night. Or, left before you were awake.

Today, this challenge was going to whittle you down to the final two.

Today, you were going to guarantee your seat in the finale.

However, now was your one chance to eat beforehand.
No matter what was on your plate, you were going to eat it.

Plastering your cold demeanour back onto your face, you sighed and started walking to the cafeteria.

You were on your own now.
But, it was actually starting to feel pretty nice.

The first thing you saw, other than the breakfast you were being served, was the pile of messy hair and loose limbs that hunched over one of the cafeteria tables.

Your not-boyfriend, Noah.

Part of you felt a blissful catharsis seeing him looking like a wreck, collapsing in on himself as he lay unconscious on a cafeteria table.

He... slept in the cafeteria last night, because you said you wanted to be alone.

You let a smile cover your lips, realising you were probably going to get more food because of his state.
Then you felt bad for thinking that, despite how much you two had ruined each other.

If you were taking him to the finale, you needed him to eat something...

You put two bowls down on your tray when you walked over to Chef to be served.
He raised his eyebrow, curious as to why someone other than Owen would want more than the intended amount of his cooking.

You cocked your head towards Noah and Chef's eyes followed, then his face evened out in understanding.
He loaded both bowls with slop and told you to sit back down again, before rolling his eyes and walking away into the back of the plane's pop up kitchen.

You stepped over to Noah's table, making sure to not let him wake up.

Picking up one of the bowls off your tray, you set it down to his side.