A Taste of Fame

I'm here to give a massive congrats to @IM-A-SIMP-0-0-0- for winning the art competition for this chapter!

We broke a record for number of entries in the server, and it was so good to see so much art!

As always, send me a message for an invite, and I really hope you enjoy this new chapter :)

Have fun, get ready.

Taco <3

——————————

"Then, Owen got kicked off."
Courtney was recounting the story to you and the others at breakfast.

You cast a look toward Heather that screamed 'Bad move', and she hid into the bowl of gruel she was eating at the other end of the cafeteria.

"Lucky you had an immunity ticket then, huh?"
Gwen gave her girlfriend a pat on the back and Courtney nodded.

"Man, I'm going to miss Owen."
You sighed, refusing to mention how powerful of an ally he was for your game, and the table agreed.
There was a benefit to losing him though. Specifically, the way he was voted out.

Heather supposedly managed to talk to both Owen and Courtney about attempting to vote for each other to guarantee her immunity. Which, considering you'd heard it, had spread like a plague among the rest of the cast. Giving you and your other allies, Noah and Gwen, a significant hate buffer, ignoring Heather's already crushed reputation from season one.

She sat on a table by herself during breakfast, mainly since Courtney and Heather couldn't be within ten feet of the other without exploding in rage...

—————RECORDING Y/N—————

"It was at that point that I realised how desperately Heather needs to have allies to stay during this phase in the game. Until she can compete for immunity herself, she's relying on keeping the peace with Courtney, which she can't do. I need Heather's vote come merge, since Owen got eliminated. So, how was I going to fix this?"

"Then, I had a brainwave. A for sure method to solve all of my issues at once."

—————ENDING RECORDING—————

An idea was starting to brew in your head. You took a deep breath in once the group fell silent again, and started your pitch.
"I have an idea that some of you might not like. But, It's going to guarantee we all get to merge."

"Go on."
Courtney took the bait of guaranteed safety, and everyone else looked towards you.

"Courtney, your team is down a player, not mentioning that you're in a team with Heather. Gwen, Noah and I haven't won a challenge since our team formed and Alejandro and his allies get closer the longer we don't intervene."
You made an effort to lay all of your cards on the table. Noah tried to not make eye contact, knowing he was the reason your team almost lost the challenge last time.

"What's wrong with that? Alejandro's just a flirt, he doesn't have strategy."
Courtney clearly wasn't paying attention to the newer players of the game, especially when Gwen, Duncan and Heather had all taken up a large part of her game and head space since before the third season had started.

"That's not what matters. The point is he has complete loyalty from Leshawna and DJ, and they're the ones eating in first class right now. They work exceptionally well together."
Keeping your voice to a whisper, you made sure they couldn't overhear anything.
"If they keep winning, this group of four is going to thin out until we have no voting power."

"What do suggest we do then?"
Gwen asked, holding Courtney's hand.

"Until the merge, let's all work together. Including Heather. Act as a big team of five, to make sure none of us get voted off, by consistently putting Alejandro and his closest allies on the chopping block."
It felt wrong not letting two of your friends into the group, it really did. But, now was not a time to be nice.