Frostbite really stings

TW: When I don't write romance, I write horror, and I write horror well. This chapter contains spooky stuff.
The ambience above is an optional video to listen to, to make everything feel worse.
<3

——————————

If you weren't in first class, you would have rather been dead when you woke up.

You got up, stretched, and as a yawn left your lips, you watched the cloud of fog from your breath grow in front of your face. Then, you realised how cold it was.

You grabbed your blanket and hid yourself in it again.

It was freezing, Absolute zero.
Obviously, it wasn't that bad, but it was definitely a temperature in the negatives.

Your eyes adjusted to the light outside and suddenly everything made sense.

Chris.
Chris McLean, had landed in ANTARCTICA.

"You have got to be kidding me!"
You whined, staring out into the snow, and the shades of icy blue that littered in shards along the antarctic skyline.

That's it, you needed to change into your thermal leggings.
You stood up, grabbed your bag and ran to the showers, praying that there was a radiator close enough for you to not freeze to death.

Luckily there was, and you got the chance to press your back against the boiling heat before you had to brace the chill of the plane again.

Alright, you just had to focus on moving to keep warm. Eat a lot of carbs so you had energy to burn, then you could get this challenge over and done with.

You picked up your bag and walked down the familiar route to your seat. It was muscle memory at this point.

Dropping your bag near your seat, you laughed a little at the sight in front of you,
"Noah, get out of my blanket, I need to pack it away."

"As if. You weren't using it, so I took it. Have you seen my outfit? I'm wearing shorts!"
Then it got annoying, so you decided to bite back.

"I'd offer my spare pair of leggings, but they're made for people with actual muscle, so I doubt they'd fit."
You smirked. It was far too easy to insult his figure, it almost wasn't fun. Almost.

"Thanks. You know, for that insult, I'm going to stay in here for even longer."
That, was your karma.

"Whatever, I don't have time for this, I need to eat."
You scoffed, walking over to the cafeteria.

You planned on eating in first class, but because of the temperature, nothing was being served. It was safe to assume that all of Chris' interns were already in the hospital, so there wasn't anyone left to feed you, aside from Chef.

Your shoes were loud against the metal of the plane floor, it caught the attention of some of the people that were already eating.

The bland mush that Chef made for you was never pleasant, but for once, it was warm.
You'd forgotten how much it sucked to be in economy class.

You walked over to Team Victory... Well, it was sort of a trio now.
Leshawna, DJ and Harold.

"Hey, Y/N!"
DJ waved as you sat down next to him.

"Hi everyone. Is everything ok?"
You asked, noticing the tension between the trio's other members.

"No, it's not."
Harold muttered, crossing his arms and poking his food with a spoon.

You noticed Leshawna giggling to herself, and mumbling to Gwen, who was sat next to her. Then, she turned to look at you.
"Hey, girl. You're on the same team as Alejandro. Would you be willing to trade teams?"
She laughed it off like a joke, but part of you could tell it wasn't.