10. I Love The Smiths

(yes this is a reference to 500 days of summer)

i woke up, and i saw the stuff i did to my wrist. my eyes opened wide, as i put a misfits wristband on it, hoping to god no one would see it. i don't even know why i did this, it wasn't that deep really. but at least it made me feel a bit better, right?

it was friday, so i was happy.

i got dressed and went to school looking like shit. whatever.

i was walking down the hallways with my headphones on my head, as i blasted the smiths on them. people probably heard it, cause it was very loud. i sat in class, waiting for the damned bell to ring, when suddenly a guy who was sitting next to me tapped my shoulder. he kind of reminded me of gerard. his face was pretty similar, except his eyes were brown. his hair was also way longer. he had a studded belt, and a lip piercing. overall he seemed cool, like a punkish version of gerard. anyway - he said something to me, but I couldn't hear him properly through my loud music. i took my headphones off, letting them rest on my neck.
- sorry? - i asked, as he smiled at me.
- i said i love the smiths! - he said loudly, as my eyes lit up.
- really?! - i said in disbelief as he nodded smiling with his teeth.
- yeah, you have good taste in music - he told me, and i stared at him dumbfoundedly, which made him look down at his lap shyly.
- to die by your side it's such a heavenly way to die... i love 'em - he sang awkwardly, and i smiled at him.

i need to get to know him better. he seems really cool.

the ball rang, and the teacher started talking some shit, when she gave us time to work on something, i decided to talk to the mysterious guy.
- so what's your name? - i asked him, as he looked over at me.
- i'm max, and you're y/n, right? nice to meet you - he said, putting his hand out for me to shake it. i smiled at him, before softly shaking it.
- so... uhm.. what other bands do you like? - i questioned him, trying to keep up the conversation.
- i love misfits, they're my favorite band - he said, as my eyes lit up.
- dude! it's my favorite band too! (sorry if u hate them) - i said excitedly, as i rolled the sleeve of my blazer to show him my wristband. i put my arm up in the air, pointing at the wristband with my index finger, as i smiled with my mouth open. his eyes widened, and he let out a "woah".
- oh my god! where did you get it? - he said, touching it and looking at it closer. i tried not to flinch, as the sudden touch hurt my wrists.
- i got it from walmart - i laughed a little, and so did he.
- i have to get it - he told me, as i nodded smiling from ear to ear, playing with the sleeve of my blazer.

time skip

we talked for a while, and we definitely grew a bond. we've known each other for only like 4 hours, but we already planned on having a sleepover at his house today. i also decided to meet him with frank earlier, and they liked each other. i think i just made a new best friend.

i had art class now. and my heart literally hurt. just the fucking thought of seeing the man who broke my heart apart was unbearable. I couldn't fucking go there. gerard broke me. i felt tears forming in my eyes, as me and frank walked to the classroom. he held my hand tightly to comfort me, and he also kept on whispering stuff to me like "it's gonna be okay" "just focus on your work".
we entered the classroom, and i felt my heart drop down to my stomach. that was a gut wrenching feeling.
- good morning - mr way said, as the tears in my eyes came back. his voice... fuck.
- morning - frank said back, but i remained silent. I didn't want to say anything to that motherfucker.

fortunately the lesson went by quick. I didn't look at that bitch, not even for a second. he on the other hand - kept on looking at me. what the fuck is his problem? i hate him.

i stormed out of the room with frank, as i immediately groaned once we stepped outside.
- i hate that fucking bitch - i said aggressively, as frank looked at me shocked.
- chill out, he didn't even do or say anything - he said, and i rolled my eyes.
- he kept on staring at me - i explained, and he nodded.
- oh well - he said, shrugging as we kept on walking to the place where max was supposed to be. soon we noticed him, and i hugged him tightly.
- are ya ready? - he said, wrapping his arm around me as we all shouted in excitement at the same time. we bursted out laughing, before he took us into his car.

time skip

we drank some vodka, played guitar, sang together, and we watched a shitty horror movie from a local video rental strore as well. it was fun honestly. the hangout i mean! the movie on the other hand... wasn't so great. it was one of those cringey "gore" movies that looked so fake that i just couldn't not laugh.

- alright guys, i'm gonna go now, y'all have fun - frank said, before hugging us.
- you're going already? come on stay a little longer - max whined, as frank shook his head, smiling at us.
- can't, my mama's worried. but i'll see you guys tomorrow if y'all wanna hangout - he told us, and we nodded at him.
- hell yeah, i'd love to. what do you say y/n? - max said, turning his head to look at me. i shrugged, smiling from ear to ear.
- sure, i have nothing better to do anyway - i agreed, as they all cheered loudly.
- alright, see ya guys - frank said while waving at us, before hurriedly leaving.
- soo... wanna go to sleep? - max asked me, and i nodded in response. he stood up, going to his drawer and taking out some clothes. he handed me a black deftones tshirt, and some loose black pants that had skeletons all over them. we layed in his bed, as he kept a comfortable distance between the two of us.

soon i fell asleep.