KABANATA I.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Kaninong tahanan ulit ito?" Goyo asks, looking up at the large house as they stand in front of it.

"Kay Don Mariano Nable-Jose," Vicente answers, standing beside Goyo, also looking up at the house. "Negosyante rito."

Julian, who was still slightly furious about the events earlier, says, "Kapag nalaman kong nagsinungaling sa 'tin 'yong batang 'yon-"

"Balita ko magaganda ang mga anak no'n." Enteng cuts Julian off.

Goyo looked around, spotting a rather extravagant mansion at a distance.

"Kaninong mansiyon naman iyon, Enteng?" Goyo points at the said mansion.

Vicente follows where Goyo was pointing, and hums. "Pagmamay-ari 'yan ng mga Alfonso. Sila ang pinakamayamang pamilya rito sa Dagupan. Nabalitaan ko rin na may lahi silang maharlika mula sa mga ninuno nila," he shrugs. "Balita ko lang."

"Maganda rin ang anak ni Don Alfonso, tinagurian nga iyong pinakamgandang dalaga dito." Vicente adds with a small smile, that turned into a smirk as he watched Goyo's facial expression turn into one of curiosity. Goyo was obviously intrigued by his words.

Goyo clears his throat, looking back at the house in front of them. "Tara na, huwag na tayong magsayang ng oras."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Pappa," you call your father as you settle your embroidery on the table beside you.

"Yes?" your father answers, not taking his eyes off his newspaper.

Your mother hits his arm lightly, as your father lets out a small aray! "Florencio...!"

"Bakit?" your father lets out a small chuckle, turning to your mother.

"Hindi mo dapat sinasanay si Y/N na magsalita ng Ingles, Florencio." your mother reprimands. "Kailangan niyang masanay na gumamit ng sarili nating wika."

"Wala namang masama kung gano'n, Luciana." Florencio shrugs, turning back to his newspaper.

Your mother only shakes her head, and turns to you, "Ano bang gusto mong ipaalam sa pappa mo, anak?"

"Hindi ba po inimbita tayo ni Don Nable-Jose sa kanila upang mag-hapunan?" You said, staring at your mother and father.

"Ngayon na ba iyon? Akala ko ay bukas pa.." Your father hums, rubbing his chin.

"Ngayon ko lang rin naalala." Your mother turns to one of your maids standing by the window, "Celia," she calls to one of your handmaids. "Mag-handa ka ng susuotin ni Y/N mamaya."

"Paano po 'yong sa inyo, Señora?" Celia asks.

"Ako na lang ang maghahanda ng sa amin." Celia bows obediently, before walking out of the room.

"Mamma, kaya ko naman pong ihanda ang sarili kong damit." You protest, watching Celia walk away with a frown.

"Alam ko, anak. Kaya nga kami nag hanap ng mga katulong, para hindi na ikaw ang gumawa ng mga gano'ng bagay." Your mother replies. "Sumunod ka kay Celia at mamili ka kung anong gusto mong isuot."

You know that she said that to make you feel better about what she just said earlier. You didn't say anything, only nodding as you stood up to follow Celia upstairs.

Your parents watched you walk away, as they looked at each other with frowns on their faces.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Goyo, Vicente, and Julian were discussing with each other when a carriage stops in front of Don Nable-Jose's house.

The door of the carriage opens, and a butler quickly places wooden steps under it.

A middle-aged man came out first, holding a cane, and, to be honest, he looked rich.

After a few moments, a woman, presumably the man's wife, comes down, locking her arm around his. She turns back to the carriage, nodding her head to whoever was inside.

As the couple walks towards the front door, a young woman steps down, moving rather quickly, while another young woman, probably a few years younger than Goyo, steps down, taking a hold of her maid's arm.

Goyo examines you. You were wearing a beautiful blue dress, complimenting your skin color. Your rich brown hair pinned meatly on top of your head. Your lips, oh, your lips, looked so plump and soft. And your eyes, the most beautiful pair he's ever seen.

His eyes followed your form as you passed them, and he admired how you carried yourself with such poise and graciousness.

"Hoy." Julian hits him lightly on the back of his head. "Tara na."

He rolls his eyes, as Vicente and Julian chuckles to each other because of Goyo's antics.

"Parang kanina lang, si binibining Remedios ang tinititigan mo ng ganiyan." Vicente mutters.

"Manahimik nga kayo." Goyo shakes his head, walking ahead of the two.

He pays them no mind as they chuckle to each other, entering the living room, seeing you sitting next to your mother, conversing with Remedios.

"Ah, Heneral..!" Don Nable-Jose exclaims, garnering your parents' attention, along with yours.

He smiles, tipping his hat, "Magandang gabi po," he greets.

Your father and mother nods in return, while you and Remedios just continue talking to each other.

"Sino siya?" You whisper to her.

"Siya si Heneral Del Pilar. Wala ka bang nabalitaan tungkol sa kaniya? Mga ilang araw na silang narito sa Dagupan." She replies, looking at him, and back at you.

No. You've definitely not heared about him at all, one because your father never allows you to go out alone, and you don't want to go out accompanied by your servants. It's unnerving.

"Wala akong nababalitaan, kahit sa mga kasama namin sa mansion." You shake your head.

You watch as the young general greets your parents, and your father introduces you to the young general. He whispers the usuals: your name, some of your accomplishments, and, of course, your beauty.

"Magandang gabi, binibini," he reaches for your hand, and kisses your knuckles gently. You smile in return.

"Magandang gabi, heneral."

Gods above, your voice, your voice is so... so angelic. It feels as if he's talking to an angel.

His thoughts were interrupted by your father, who clears his throat and says, "Maaari mo nang bitawan ang kamay ng aking anak, heneral."

"Ah." Goyo mutters, letting go of your hand gently.

His brother, along with his colonel, lets out quiet chuckles.

Don Alfonso narrows his eyes, and your mother shakes her head at your father. He really should be less protective of you.

Goyo, Julian, and Vicente were led by the servants to a sofa nearby, and Goyo couldn't stop looking at you.

He couldn't stop looking at your face, for your beauty was one that demands all the attention from everyone once you walk in a room.

He knows that your father is protective of you. You were the sheltered, beautiful, and perfect daughter of Don Pietro Alfonso. His pride and joy. His happiness.

Goyo knows that it would be hard to pursue you. But, Gods, he was in for a good challenge.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A/N: The reader and her family are fluent in English. They're like, half-half. Haha, thanks for reading, tune in for chapter 2! - Agatha 🎀