KABANATA III.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Days passed fairly quickly. The next thing you knew, it was Sunday, which was your birthday.

Celia woke you up and helped you get ready for the day. She helped you dress up, and she fixed your hair. Not that you can't do that by yourself, but you thanked her nonetheless before you two went downstairs for breakfast.

As you went down, you were met with the townspeople rushing to decorate your home according to the occasion. They were moving things here and there, placing colorful little flags around and changing the mantles on every table with mantles that have more vibrant colors.

They were busy, but some of them stopped to greet you when they saw you. Smiling, you greet them back, before you see your mother walk up to you, enveloping you in a hug.

"Maligayang kaarawan, anak." She greets you, peppering your face with kisses that had you giggling.

"Salamat po, mamma." You reply, "Nasaan po si pappa?" You asked, looking around for your father, still enveloped in your mother's arms.

She smiled, planting a kiss on your forehead. "Nasa labas. Sinasalubong ang mga taong gustong tumulong sa pag-aayos para sa kaganapan mamaya."

She pulled away, before letting you walk outside with her, spotting your father outside who is indeed beaming at everyone who stops to greet him and offer some help.

"Pappa...!" You exclaimed, running to your father and wrapping your arms around him.

He laughs, wrapping his arms around your shoulders, before kissing your forehead. Your mother walks closer, also sporting a smile on her face.

"Maligayang kaarawan sa aking nag-iisang señorita..." He smiles.

"Salamat, pappa."

"Naku, kayong dalawa... Hindi talaga maipagkakait na magtatay kayo..!" Your mother chuckles, making you and your father share a laugh.

He planted another kiss on your forehead, before he proceeded to those who were setting up the tables and chairs outside. Your mother followed him, helping in assisting visitors and guests who are offering help.

"Señorita?" You heard Celia's voice behind you, and you turned around to see her. In her arms was a beautiful red dress, and she handled it so delicately, as if afraid that it would be ruined with one wrong move.

"Hm?" You hummed in response, turning back around to watch the people around.

"Sabi po ng señora, ito raw po ang suotin ninyo mamaya. Gusto niyo na po bang magpalit?" She asked.

You looked down at the simple brown dress that you were wearing, and looked back at her.

"Masyado pang maaga, Celia. Mamaya na lang din. Tatawagin na lamang kita kapag gusto ko nang palitan ang damit ko." She nods obediently, "Salamat, Celia."

She turns around to walk away, and you assume that she'll be heading to your room to hang that dress up, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

After breakfast, your parents resumed the preparations, so that they wouldn't have to worry about it later, they said.

You were once again left alone, just walking around the mansion, looking and analysing every detail in every decoration you find.