KABANATA X.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Goyo lays on his bed, looking up at the ceiling while trying to get some sleep. But how can he, when he's thinking of you?

He knows that it won't be for long until they have to leave, and he's sure that he'll have enough time to win you and keep you all for himself.

That's all he's ever wanted ever since your father gave him his blessing to court you. He knows that you're the one for him.

Whenever he's with you, he always felt the urge to protect you. To keep you locked away from all of the chaos. That feeling just got stronger because of what happened to you a few days ago.

And then he thinks of how beautiful you are. He's biased, but compared to other young ladies in town, you are definitely beautiful. Everything about you was beautiful. The way you carried yourself with just elegance that makes you look divine.

Your eyes are brown, that you probably got from your mother. You looked so much like her, he thinks. He finds himself lost in your eyes whenever he looks at them.

Your appearance alone is not just what makes you beautiful. He figures that you are incredibly clever, and your beautiful mind and beautiful soul makes you perfect in his eyes. You've told him once that you wanted to make a name for yourself without your family's fortune. It's one of the reasons why you agreed to go and study in Italy. He admired you for that, too.

Everything about you is just pure perfection. He doesn't see or know of any flaws that you possess.

He's willing to do anything for you, and it pains him that you think that you're a disturbance. It leaves a bitter taste in his mouth, how you think you're no good for him. He thinks otherwise. You're what he wants, and he's willing to let go of all his achievements to marry you. Fuck being a hero. He just wanted to be yours forever.

Though, he knows he can't do that. He is a general now. He just can't let go of all his responsibilities to be with you no matter how much he wants to. Gods, the things he'll do so that he'll be able to be with you forever.

He turns his head to look to the window by the side of the room. He sits up slowly, standing up to walk towards it.

He opens the window, the wind howling outside. He spots your extravagant mansion in a distance as he looks around the town below. He wonders if you think about him too. He wishes you do.

He stays there for a while, looking out the window. When he finally feels tired, he closes it, and walks back to the bed. He falls into a deep slumber that night, thinking about you.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Goyo." You stood in front of him, your hands in his own. Your eyes locked with his, and he thinks that you look beautiful. You always looked beautiful to him.

You pulled him closer, wrapping your arms around his torso; hugging him tightly. He hugs you back, his lips pressing on your crown, not wanting to let go.

"Mahal," he whispers, his hands grasping your waist. How he wishes to stay like this with you forever.

"Huwag mo akong iiwan." You mutter, tightening your arms around him. "Goyo, pakiusap..."