KABANATA XI.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Days have passed since you last talked to Goyo. You didn't answer or read any of the letters he sent you for the past days, nor paid any mind to the gifts and flowers he sent you.

Maybe you're being petty. And jealous. But you had the right to be, because he promised you that he'll change.

Turns out he didn't.

White-hot jealousy and anger cursed through your veins, replacing the infatuation you felt for him.

Your parents ask you sometimes why Goyo hasn't been visiting. You answered the same.

He's busy.

They didn't know anything that happened between you and Goyo. They can't know, after all. You didn't want to tell them. You know that they're going to be disappointed and angry at him, so it's best they didn't know. You don't know what your father would do if he found out. And as much as you hated him at the moment, you can't bear to see or know that something bad happened to him.

Julian and Vicente tried to explain what really happened. You didn't want to hear any of it. You're done with Goyo, and it's final, you think.

Is it, really?

You think of him. You dream about him. Why does it affect you so much when you've only known him for such a short time? Was it because you're so used to being with him?

There's a knock on your door. And another. And then Celia's voice was heard from the other side.

"Señorita?" She heard Celia say, and then her handmaid knocks once again. "Señorita, ipinapatawag po kayo ng inyong pappa."

Your eyes remain on your door for a minute, before you slowly sit up and stand to walk towards it.

You opened the door, and was greeted by Celia's form standing in front of you.

"Pakisabing susunod na lamang ako." You smiled when she nods, "Salamat, Celia."

Your eyes follow her as she walks away, and closed the door once she's out of sight. You rested your back against the hard wood door, sighing.

Walking towards your mirror, you frowned as you stared at your reflection. You continued to look at yourself as you thought, what was wrong with me?

You shook your head. You walked back to the door, figuring that your father must be waiting for you.

When you reached the bottom of the stairs, you walked straight to the living room, not expecting to see the person you dreaded to see.

He's here. Goyo.

Masking your shock, you cleared your throat. Your parents, along with Goyo turned to you.

"Anak." Your mother smiles, patting the space beside her on the sofa.

You walk towards her, avoiding Goyo with all your might. It was hard, because you've gotten used to him being near you, and now you're trying to treat him like a complete stranger.