KABANATA XII.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Goyo?" You called him. He turns to look at you, his expression soft.

"Hm?"

"Kung hindi pumayag si pappa na ligawan mo ako... Anong gagawin mo?" You asked. You've been thinking of random things recently, and most of them are questions for Goyo.

He chuckles. He doesn't seem to mind the question.

"Hindi ako titigil na tanungin ang pappa mo." He answers. "Siguro... Kung nangyari iyon, magsasawa siya at papayagan din niya akong ligawan ka."

You hummed, nodding.

"Bakit mo naman natanong?" He now asks. You shook your head, fidgeting with the handkerchief you're holding.

"Naisip ko lang." You muttered. "Kung hindi tayo nag-kita..."

"Ako mismo ang gagawa ng paraan para magkita tayo." He cuts you off, grasping your hand.

You sighed. "Bakit ako, Goyo?"

You turned to him, only to find him already looking at you, confusion evident on his face.

"Ang daming ibang babae riyan..."

"Ngunit wala ni isa sa kanila ang kukumpara sa 'yo, Y/N." His hand moves to your cheek, his knuckles brushing through your cheekbone. "Para kang kayamanan. At pinalad ako na napunta ka sa akin... Wala nang hihigit pa sa 'yo, mahal."

His words made your heart flutter. You never had someone say those kinds of things to you before. And it felt genuine when he said it.

Kahit mga kasinungalingan papaniwalaan ko basta't galing sa iyo, Goyo.

"Sigurado ka bang kaya mong mag-hintay, Goyo...?" You asked, your voice above a whisper.

"Hihintayin kita kahit gaano pa katagal, Y/N." He smiles. "Kahit dumating pa ang panahong mapagtanto mong hindi talaga ako ang nilalaman ng iyong puso, hihintayin kita."

His words made your eyes water. You've never had someone tell you that before, and now, you understood why people would actually do anything for their special someone.

Hindi ko na maipagkakait na mahal na talaga kita, Goyo.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Pappa?" You looked at your father as you sat across him in his study.

Your father hummed, not looking up from his paperwork. His hand glided smoothly on top of the documents that he read continuously, signing each and every one of them swiftly.

You released a breath, trying to ease yourself as you fiddled with your thumbs.

"Uhm... Pappa... Plano ko na pong sagutin si Heneral del Pilar..." You muttered, looking down at your hands, trying to avoid your father's gaze.

Your statement made him look up. He set his pen down, clasping with hands together before settling his chin on top of them.

His silence made you overthink. Did you make him mad? Disappointed? Shocked?

"I- pappa..."

"Sigurado ka ba, anak?" He finally spoke up, looking directly at your eyes when you looked at him. He took his glasses off, setting them down gently.

His question made you think about what you've been feeling recently. You felt safe around Goyo, and had grew to love him as time passed. He made you feel loved like you've never felt before. For once, someone made you feel like you're important to them. That you're worth every sacrifice in the world.