Chapter 4

The weekend had come and Harry waited anxiously for his father to arrive. It was still early on Saturday, but Severus had said he'd be there at seven and it was 6:55.

"Calm down, Hatchling," Reyna said. "He will be here."

"I know, Rey, but I'm worried. What if he changed his mind?"

"I doubt that, Harry. He was genuine in his desire to get to know you better."

Just then, there was a knock at the door and Harry rushed to answer it. "Good morning, Severus," he said with a smile.

His father smiled back. "Good morning, Harry. I brought that test."

Harry led him into the dining room, where he had prepared a breakfast of waffles and bacon. "Have you eaten?"

Severus chuckled. "I have not yet this morning, no."

Harry quickly served him some food and grabbed a slice of bacon for Reyna, having already eaten. "So, how does this blood test work?" he asked.

"Well, it will tell you your full name, your parents, your blood status, any inheritances you might have, and your soulmate, if you have one."

Harry frowned. "Soulmate?"

Severus sighed and sagged a little. "Yes," he said. "Soulbonds are not common, but they do exist. The person you are bonded with would be your soulmate. I, personally, do not have a soulmate, like most of the population."

"I hope I have a soulmate," Harry said wistfully.

Severus smiled sadly and finished this food before gesturing for Harry to follow him to the sitting room. He performed the test and handed the results to Harry without reading them first, believing that Harry deserved to have his privacy in these matters.

Harry scanned the page.

Harrison James Potter

Mother: Lily J. Potter née Evans (alive)

Father: Severus T. Snape (alive)

Blood Status: Half-Blood

Soulmate: Draco L. Malfoy (alive)

Inheritances: Potter (Disowned), Prince, Snape, Black (Chosen Heir), Evans (Disowned), Slytherin (Conquest), Gaunt (Conquest), Malfoy (Soulbond)

Harry's eyes were wide as he stared at the page. Specifically at the name of his soulmate. Draco. Draco Malfoy. He had a soulbond.

Slowly, his lips curved into a large grin. "Father, I have a soulmate!"

Severus smiled happily. First, his son just called him "Father." Second, his son had a soulmate! That was wonderful! "Who is it?" he asked. "Perhaps I know them."

Harry happily told him the name and watched his reactions, the small curve of his lips into a smile showing that he knew something. "Well?" he asked.

"Yes, I know Draco," Severus said. "He's my godson, actually. We're quite close."

"Can I meet him, Father?" Harry asked, feeling his magic singing with joy at the thought of being introduced to his bonded.

Severus smiled lightly and nodded. "Yes, but you will need to have proper attire and some more knowledge first. Go speak with your uncle and ask if I can bring you shopping for some proper robes."

Feeling ecstatic, Harry rushed up the stairs of the house and to his guardians' room. He got there just as they were exiting the room to have breakfast downstairs.