Chapter 6

The school year had come and gone quickly, with Harry visiting Severus and Draco as often as possible and spending time with his family and Reyna. He learned everything he could about magical cultures and traditions. He even learned to use his wand, though he much preferred his silent and wandless powers.

It was now early summer and Harry was lounging in the sitting room with a book on potion theory. Reyna was curled up on his lap, contentedly snoozing. The taipan had grown quickly and was nearly at her full length of two and a half meters.

She had her own enclosure in his room, though she rarely used it, opting to go with Harry everywhere instead. She loved to curl around his shoulders and laugh at people when they ran away.

"Harry!" Dudley said, walking into the room. "Piers is wanting to go to the park again!"

Harry sighed and answered without looking up from his book. "Dud, tell him that it's my reading day. If you two want to go, you can, but I'm staying home."

Dudley shrugged and left to go to the park with his friends. He didn't care much that Harry didn't want to go that day, as his cousin still made sure to spend time with him by putting two days a week aside just for Dudley.

Harry knew that Dudley wasn't upset with him, so he didn't feel all that bad about it either. Tuesdays were his reading days, and he felt as if something important was going to happen that day.

And he was right.

"Come, Harry," Reyna hissed a while later. "I sense someone new."

"Show me," Harry hissed in return.

The large snake slithered off and he followed it outside, his book tucked underneath on arm and his pencil behind his ear. He always had a pencil when reading his books so that he could make notes in the margins.

Standing on the front porch was a man dressed in leather. He was tall and had pale skin and long dark hair and grey eyes. Harry couldn't help but note that he was exceptionally handsome, even if he didn't mean to be.

"Can I help you?" Harry asked warily, feeling an odd sense of deja vu.

"I'm looking for Harrison Potter," the man said, running a hand through his hair and not looking the least bit wary at the sight of Reyna. "I was told I could find him here. My name is Sirius Black."

"By whom?" Harry asked.

"Severus Snape."

"Come in, Lord Black," Harry said, leading him inside. "I apologize for not being in proper attire. I was not expecting a wizard to stop by. Would you like some tea?"

Black shook his head. "No, thank you. I would like to see my godson."

"Godson?" Harry asked with a frown. "I wasn't aware I had a godfather, since my bearer abandoned me."

Black's eyes widened and he reevaluated Harry before smiling widely. "Harry?"

"That is my name, yes." He turned to Reyna, who was following him. "Please go and find Dudley. He knows the signs that we taught him so you should be able to inform him of the situation. He'll know not to come home for a bit."

"As you wish, Harry. Do not be angry with your godfather. He is as pure as your father."

"Thank you, Rey."

"You're a parselmouth?" Black asked with wide eyes. Then he chuckled. "Let me guess, you're dark?"

"Neutral, actually," Harry said calmly. "So, Lord Black, why have you come here?"