Chapter 9

Harry's first day of classes went wonderfully and he immediately headed to the library afterwards, Reyna wrapped securely around his shoulders. He sat down in a secluded corner and pulled out his book on law.

He had only been reading for a few minutes when he heard a hesitant whisper. "Hello? Harrison?"

Lighting up, Harry set his book down and stood. "Brother?"

The boy came around a shelf and smiled at Harrison. "I'm Alexander," he introduced himself. "You can call me Alex."

"Harry," he returned. "This is Reyna."

Alex chuckled. "Yes, we've met."

Harry grinned and asked, "Walk or stay here?"

"How about we stay here for now," Alex said. "I have questions."

"I assumed as much," Harry said with a nod. "Ask away."

"Where have you been? Why have I never heard of you before?"

"I've been living with our muggle family. I do not know why James never spoke of me, but my bearer was the one to give me away." Seeing his brother's confusion, Harry said, "Let me start at the beginning." He told him everything he knew, watching as Alex grew angrier and angrier.

"She gave you away just because she thought you were a squib?" he snarled.

Harry nodded. "Don't worry," he said. "I've had a good life."

Alex calmed down and pulled Harry into a hug. "Even after all of that, you'll let me be your brother?"

"Of course, Alex. It's not your fault, and I've always wanted a sibling."

Alex smiled at him, his emerald green eyes twinkling merrily. "Well, Harry, I'd love to be your brother."

Harry smiled back happily and the two began to catch up.

Harry learned that Alex liked pranking and quidditch. He learned that he was Light and that Dumbledore had an unhealthy obsession with him that Lily encouraged. He learned that Alex was supposed to defeat the Dark Lord.

Alex learned that Harry had been be to control his magic fully since he was a little kid and that Harry hated Dumbledore. He learned that Harry loved to read and learn. He learned that Harry had a soulmate in Draco Malfoy. He learned that the Dark Lord wasn't really as evil as he had been told.

By the end of their sharing session, Harry had successfully turned Alex away from Dumbledore and had gotten him to agree to meet the Malfoys. He had also decided to maybe talk to James over the Yule break.

They finally left when the library closed and Madam Pince kicked them out. They hugged and separated to go to their own dorms.

Once in the common room, Harry plopped down on the loveseat beside Draco, who had been waiting up for him.

"How'd it go?" Draco asked.

"Really well," Harry said with a smile. "Really, really well."

"I'm glad," Draco said. "When are you planning to challenge King Vesper?"

Harry's eyes twinkled. "You know me too well, Dray," he said cheerfully. "I'm thinking I'll win over the house first."

"Clever. With everyone on your side, it's doubtful that you'll be challenged."

The two talked late into the night before both heading up to bed after Harry kissed Draco's cheek lightly, causing the blond to blush and hurry to his room.

Harry chuckled as he shut the door to his own dorm and snapped his fingers to change into pajamas as he laid down for bed. He had potions first thing the next day and he couldn't afford to not be at the top of his game.

∆_______________∆

The months passed quickly and it was soon Samhain. Harry had never liked the holiday, as it was the day his bearer gave him away. So, rather than celebrating at the feast, he stayed in his dormitory, cuddling with Draco.

Of course, later he heard about the troll and how his brother and the twins had saved a first year from it. As soon as he heard, he stormed over to the Gryffindor table and slapped each of the three for their recklessness before pulling them into hugs.

"Sorry, Harry," they chorused guiltily.

"Don't be," Harry said. "You did the right thing. Now, where is this girl?"

"Right here," a bushy haired, bucktoothed girl said with a suspicious glare. "You're not going to slap me too, are you?"

Harry chuckled. "Of course not," he said. He took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Harrison Prince."

"Hermione Granger," she said with a light blush.

"Well, Miss Granger, if you would like to, my friends and I meet in the library every evening to study together. You are welcome to join us."

Hermione looked delighted. "Oh, I'd love to!"

Harry smiled. "I'll send Reyna to fetch you, then. Good day."

Once Harry had sat back down, Draco asked, "Did you just invite the know-it-all to study with us?"

"She doesn't have any friends, Dray. Give her a chance."

Draco huffed but nodded, returning to his food. "Fine."

That evening, as they all gathered in the library, Harry sent Reyna off to fetch Hermione.

∆_______________∆

Hermione didn't know what to expect when she followed Harrison's familiar to the library, but she certainly wasn't expecting what she found.

Sitting in a circle around a low table was Neville Longbottom, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, Harrison Prince, the twins, and Alexander Potter. They were all laughing together and chatting pleasantly. Neville was sitting in between the twins, Draco and Harrison were cuddled up together, Alexander was engaged in a conversation with Theodore and Blaise, and none were actually studying.

"Er, hello?" Hermione timidly said as she approached.

Harrison smiled warmly at her. "Come, sit with us," he said.

She smiled hesitantly as she sat down. "What are we studying today?" she asked.

"Actually, today we thought it might be good to introduce ourselves a bit and get to know you," Harrison said. "I mean, you are our friend now."

"O-Oh," Hermione said with a blush. "Yeah, sure. What do you want to know?"

"Favorite book?" Theodore asked.

"Hogwarts: A History," Hermione said immediately. "Though, I do enjoy most of our textbooks."

"Core?" Draco asked.

"I'm not sure," Hermione admitted. While she had read all about magical cores, she hadn't found out how to test for her own.

"Favorite subject?"

"Oh, Charms, definitely!" Hermione said brightly. "Professor Flitwick is just such an amazing teacher!"

The questioning continued for a while before it was her turn to ask questions. She learned their cores, favorite subjects, holidays, books, foods, and their backgrounds. Well, not Harrison's background. He simply said he was muggle-raised and left it at that.

She felt bad for Blaise, who's mother kept killing her husbands, and for Theo, who had an abusive step-mother. She saw Harry's eyes gleam angrily at that and wondered what he was thinking.

She left the library that evening with high spirits. She had friends! Yes, none were girls, but she didn't mind. Each of the boys in the group were great friends and she could always bring another girl into the group later, one she had a more secure position.

She wrote home to her family about having eight new friends and how happy she was at Hogwarts. She told them all about being one of the best in the school and how she was hoping for some advanced classes the next year.

She sent it off with a school owl and skipped off to bed, absolutely giddy with joy. She had friends! Eight of them! She'd never had friends before and she was excited to learn how to be a good friend.