𝟬𝟬𝟯 how to get the girl

CHAPTER THREE:HOW TO GET THE GIRL

CHAPTER THREE:
HOW TO GET THE GIRL

🎸🤍

IF YOU HAD told Danny at the beginning of the day that he would be sleeping over at Mike Wheeler's house, he would've told you that you're fucking insane and belong in a psychiatric ward. Danny didn't have many friends but the friends that he did have had a tendency to get themselves in a lot of trouble just like Danny did, but Mike Wheeler and his friends didn't seem like the type to get into any trouble. They weren't people that Danny usually associated with. They weren't people that Danny got along with but yet, here he was, in Mike Wheeler's basement with Mike Wheeler, Will Byers, and Lucas Sinclair. He knew that they were a little weird and nerdy but that fact was only confirmed as he sat on the couch and looked around at the dingy basement.

It was your typical teenage hangout but among the usual things like the old couch, creaky table and chairs, old snacks and drinks scattered about, there were some nerd things. There were old toys and games that Mike had played with in his childhood, sci-fi books, and posters, all things that screamed that Mike got bullied a lot in middle school which was a fact as Danny had witnessed some of it. Troy was a prick and a coward, and Danny thought he deserved a hard kick in the balls so he couldn't produce any more of his horrible kind.

The main thing that Danny noticed on the table was a set for a game called Dungeons and Dragons that Will was setting up. Danny had no clue what that game was but just by looking at the book and the board, he could tell that it was nerdy and weird, which made it perfect for Mike and his friends. There seemed to be monsters and wizards involved which Danny thought was a little bit cool but he wasn't about to admit that and ruin his street cred. Still, Danny did get off the couch and observe the book, pretending to think it was strange but secretly trying to read the pages as Mike ranted to him. Will noticed and asked, "You play D&D?"

Danny shook his head and cleared his throat, trying to pretend he wasn't interested, "Never heard of it but by the looks of it, it's probably not my thing."

"What did I do wrong? What could I have done wrong? Did I do anything wrong? I don't think I did anything wrong!"

"Do I have to go through this again?" Lucas sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I just don't understand what I did to deserve this!"

"Nothing, nothing!" Lucas shook his head. Danny furrowed his brows at Lucas's words. These boys really had no idea about how the female brain worked. Danny had a small idea but the rest was a mystery. "That's my whole point. You are the victim here!"

"I know," Mike nodded as he shoved chips into his mouth as he lay on the couch. "It's just, why is she treating me this way?"