𝟬𝟬𝟱 billy 'douchebag' hargrove

CHAPTER FIVE:BILLY 'DOUCHEBAG' HARGROVE

CHAPTER FIVE:
BILLY 'DOUCHEBAG' HARGROVE

🎸🤍

HAWKINS PUBLIC POOL was almost as busy as the Starcourt Mall when the heat rose, sweating Hawkins down. Danny hadn't had a chance to enjoy a sweltering day at the pool since the summer started but that was about to change. He had been frequently sneaking away from Scoops Ahoy ever since his sleepover at Mike Wheeler's house, so that morning after feeling the intense heat of Hawkins, Indiana, Danny decided he deserved a day at the pool. Danny gathered a backpack full of his swim trunks, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a water bottle full of liquor to add to a slushie from the pool.

Danny lived close to the pool so he decided to walk instead of riding his bike. Danny loved the pool and considering that the temperature in Hawkins had only been going up, Danny was extremely excited to hang out at the pool all day. The only thing Danny hated about the pool was how busy it could get. Every inch of the pool could get filled with kids to the point where there was barely any room to move. Despite that, there were many perks of the Hawkins Public Pool including the snacks, drinks, and the many girls that flirted with Danny. Danny knew that he was attractive, especially with his shirt off. He had been blessed with a nice body and it was only elevated when he started working out, giving him impressive muscles that all the girls swooned over. Danny even caught some of the moms staring sometimes.

As Danny approached Hawkins Public Pool, he spotted a strange sight in the parking lot. Danny knew that Lucas Sinclair and his friends were strange but this summer, he had discovered that they were stranger than he originally thought. Danny approached the group with Max Mayfield in the center with binoculars pointed at the pool. Danny overheard them talking about Max's brother, Billy 'Douchebag' Hargrove. Danny furrowed his brows and looked at Billy who was a lifeguard at the pool. The strange thing was that Billy was attempting to shield himself from the sun in every way possible. Danny thought it might be because he was hot and wanted more shade but the group seemed to think otherwise.

"But, he's lounging at the pool, which is, like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever," Max commented as Danny approached them.

Danny furrowed his brows at the name. Mind Flayer. It seemed strange and unlike the super secret Russian spy code, Danny was more interested in whatever the Mind Flayer thing was. Danny smirked at the group as he stood behind them, "Mind Flayer, huh?"

All five of them whipped around, their eyes wide once they saw Danny. They quickly looked around at each other, wondering what to say. Mike opened up his mouth and closed it multiple times before finally saying, "Um... yeah — yeah that's — it's the name of a — a —"

"Band!" Lucas interrupted, practically yelling.

Mike nodded, "Yes, yes, a band."