Two Ghosts

1883 km west of Mumbai, there was no alternate scenario. In Kolkata, Shubman attempted to come to terms with his fate and move forward. However, his attempt to move on manifested as checking his phone every few hours, with even a single word reminding him of Ishan. Shubman knew he was the immature one in this relationship. The romantic one. He had always been a hopeless romantic. He wasn't sure if he was now. He always feared that Ishan would leave him eventually. But after the last three years, he was proud to be a sappy romantic guy who would attempt to use the worst pickup lines and love unconditionally. The last three years he didn't even think that there was a possibility that Ishan and Shubman wouldn't end up together. So when he heard those lines from Ishan's mouth, He almost lost it. First, he looked for any sign of a joke on Ishan's face, he searched if the whole team was pulling a prank on him. When he found none Shubman didn't know what to say. How could someone you love unconditionally hurt you this way?

Instead of this painful memory, he decided to relieve a much more comforting one. It's bloody hypocritical of his heart that the person he wants to despise the most ends up as the person whose memories keep him going

Two years ago

"Ishan, Can I ask you a question?"'

"Since when do you start taking permission for asking? '', Ishan said laughingly.

"Umm...No actually you don't have to answer if don't want to. But kept you moving after that breakup with Rajveer? You know people don't easily move on from that kind of abusive relationship"

"You should know this story, Shubi. Yes, I was in an abusive relationship, but the only mistake I think I made was not loving myself enough. I loved a person and he turned out to be the wrong guy. Now if he is the wrong guy, Why do I give him the power to stop me from being myself? And I want to love people if I could give them an ounce of happiness that's my success. If I had loved myself enough back then I would've had the courage to break the relationship a long time ago"

"You're really brave Ishu, I don't think I would've passed that kind of trauma'', Shubman said creasing Ishan's hair.

" So, if I break your heart right now, you won't get over me ever?" Ishan asked jokingly.

" I don't think I would. This is the first time in my life that I have felt this much loved, cared for, and appreciated. I don't know what would happen if I lost that."

" You listen to me Shubman Gill. Do not let anyone, anyone postpone your happiness, decide to worth let alone me. You understand that?''

"Yes sir."

" You know Shubi, I think After you've been betrayed, your heart has been shattered into pieces, going out alone, sitting alone, and proving you're Independent doesn't make you stronger. It's your ability to cope with the situation. I think the real strength is your ability to Love again......"

Yes, Now Shubmann is going to do that. And the first person he decided to love is himself.

In the Mumbai Indians camp, people were freaked out. But eventually, the physio came and told me that it was nothing major and he fainted due to weakness. 

When Ishan woke up after a couple of hours of sleep he was asked if he had eaten anything in the morning. He simply said NO and didn't seem a bit apologetic.

" Arreehhh...How irresponsible you can be? I have never heard of a player practicing this hard for 3 hours skipping breakfast" Tilak said irritatedly

" Now as we know you decided to act like a child and skip breakfast. So you're gonna finish this whole meal" Rohit said as he gave Ishan a complete meal.

They know Ishan hasn't had breakfast in the morning but what they didn't know this was the only meal he had eaten in 24 hours. After he was done, he decided to head home. Home right HOME. The first word that pops up in his mind when he hears the name Shubman, His Shubi.

Be it Mumbai or Kolkata, everyone knew the change between Shubman and Ishan. They knew something s up or else the idiots wouldn't be walking like a heartbroken zombie. But for, now they didn't know anything.