Flicker

The lack of interaction between Shubman and Ishan didn't go unnoticed by any of the regular members of the Indian Cricket Team. They assumed it was one of their silly fights. But Rohit was not sure. He tried to arrange the behaviors of Ishan this month. None of them seems like Ishan. Like another person was stuck in the body of Ishan. 

Rohit came across Shreyash in the lobby and they both started to chat. Without any specific intention, Rohit asked if Shubman was acting normally. Shreyash was taken aback by this question.

"How do you know bhai?"Shreyash genuinely asked.

" That means he is?"

"Yeah. All silent. Closed-off zombie type. Don't know what happened to him but yeah he has this 'Devdas' look on his face."

"Thought so"

"Did anything happen?"

"I don't know. Whatever you just said about Shubman, you just described Ishan here leaving the fact that he is acting like an A-grade jerk"

"You know, Shubman is trying to be happy I feel. Like almost forcibly involving himself in fun activities where his mind is not there for two minutes"

"At least he is trying. That idiot just came to the field, practice no-stop. Then puts his headphones on, barely eats then leaves for his room. "

After extensive research on Shubman and Ishan, they both decided to give them time and see how they react in the nets tomorrow. After all, they can't skip practice.

Much to Rohit and Shreyash's despise nothing happened in the nets. They waited for something, some silly conversation to happen but it never did. 

But everything was happening in Ishan's head. Shubman hates him. Of course, he does. Shubman looks perfect and concentrated, but Ishan notices an uncertainty in Shumban's behavior. He couldn't quite comprehend it but seeing him this close and not being able to talk to him is getting miserable by every passing minute. 

Shubman did notice Ishan staring at him quite a few times. But seeing him here in person triggered nothing but rage inside him. He was angry just purely angry. But he couldn't quite bring himself to hate Ishan Kishan.

In the match,

MI won the toss and decided to bowl first. 

Ishan saw Shubman coming to the crease and he felt Shubman's gaze on him. He swore he could bury himself alive not to receive that stare again. Cold. Emotionless but Ishan could sense the betrayal, and anger through it.

Shubman batted elegantly. It was a near-perfect innings. He was at 97 when Jofra Archer came with the bowl. He played a perfect hook shot in the first ball but in the second ball, he missed timed it. He didn't even realize that he was out of the line. When he did, it was no surprise to him that Ishan had already stumped him.

But what came as a surprise is what Ishan said.

"How many times have I told you to at least keep your feet inside the line, Shubi?"

Shubman was shocked to hear his voice. He hadn't heard his favorite sound in the last month. He didn't say anything. But this simple sentence reminded him of how their normal conversation sounded.

At the boundary line, there was Rohit. Rohit jokingly said,

"Are we in the South Pole or Mars? Ishan just sweeps Shubman out of the field."

"No worries, Rohit Bhaiya.This is not his first time. He had also done it in real life."

Before Rohit could digest anything Shubman was out of the ground.

KKR set a target of 226. Every batter in the squad got run that day. 

MI has officially confirmed their spot at the semis. The whole team was celebrating but Ishan had a different plan. Unlike this whole month rather than trying to forget Shubman he tried to embrace him. So he got himself out of the party and started walking in the streets of Mumbai. He came to a tea stall. Not any tea stall it was 'Their tea stall' 

 He just stared at the stall blankly for a few moments not allowing himself to revisit one of the happiest memories of his life. He sat on the bench and ordered a lemon tea when Shubman turned around with a cup of lemon tea and cake in his hand

"Shubman?"

Shubman didn't know what to say nor did he know what to do.

Nature seems as uncertain as his emotions because it started raining in March. 

The rain added a dramatic effect to their encounter where two idiots couldn't get a word out of their mouths.