Daylight

"Mind sharing it, Ishan? "

Here Rahul was just trying to not jump into knowing what happened between Ishan and Shubman now. He wanted Ishan to give time to build their story. To let out all the pent-up emotion cause he knew it was inside Ishan.

"Aaaa....So, it was 2018. India won the U-19 World Cup against Australia. And I was the happiest person at that time because you know in 2016, I was the captain and we lost to West Indies. Yeah, there was some unfinished business. So me and Rishabh went to meet them after they came back to India. "

"Yeah, we were dancing in the dressing room back then. "

"So, you know player of the series deserved to get special attention. "

"Hmm...Understood but I don't think it was just player of the series Ishan. Rishabh told me quite a different story though saying you couldn't take your eyes off him and how you blushed and sluttered at every little talk. "

Ok, now Ishan was embarrassed. Meeting Shubman was somehow magical. Ishan was sure he had forgotten how to talk. He knew that he had a crush on this boy.

"Are you going to tease me all afternoon or let me finish my tragic love story?"

Now Rahul knew Ishan was comfortable and finally opening up. He was relieved because Rohit and SKY both tried but nothing came out of the mouth of this idiot.

"Yes baba, go on Drama Queen. "

"Ok, so I had a crush on him. I got his numbers and everything. Met with him regularly and you know soon after that we became best friends. He was someone who just brought light with himself when he walked into a room."

"And you definitely could use some light at that stage of your life. "

Ishan just nodded laughingly.

"After two years of being best friends, I guess it all takes one mindless night. "

In 2020(Ishan's POV)

What the hell did just happen?
I met him after 3 years and all I can feel is disgust. I was supposed to feel disgust for that asshole but here I was feeling disgusted by myself.

"Fag"
"Slut"

I know I passed the phase where I would feel worthless but you know at this stage it's easy to tear the stitches of your wounds.

I was just sitting in my car blankly when Shubman called.

"Arree yaaarrr where are you? The match is about to start. I could say that you Ajax fans are scared cause Dortmund is gonna win anyway. "

"Haa.. I'm coming. Wait a few minutes."Ishan replied but at that moment his voice had turned into the Sahara desert.

"Ishan, is everything ok? "

"Yeah, everything is alright. I'm coming. "

Neutral POV

When he reached Shubman's house the match had already started and Dortmund had scored a goal.

Shubman was dancing around the whole living room like a little kid and constantly teasing Ishan. If it was like any other day, Ishan would've argued mindlessly but today not a single word came out of his mouth.

Sensing something was really not right. Shubman decided to turn off the match.

"Are you crazy? Why did you shut off the TV? " Ishan asked.

"First of all I'm not crazy and my brain is well functioning unlike yours. And I'm not going to turn it on until you tell me what the hell is wrong with you. "

"Oh, you really want to know what's wrong with me. I'm Gay. Ok? That's what's wrong with me and I don't think you're further interested in listening to what is wrong with me. So before you call me a fag tell me to get out of your house. I'm leaving. " Ishan said choking up.

"Sit down. " Shubman's voice was stern.

"What? "Ishan asked confused.

"I said sit down. "

Ishan sat back on the couch still as confused as before.

"First of all, I knew you're gay and all the traumas from your past because I may have read your diary when I was in your house searching for a book. '

" Oh my God, you must have hated me. Oh no, I swear Shubi I am not that pathetic like that anymore. I am not a fag, slut or anything. And ....

Shubman wasn't sure what to do to stop this idiot from saying these words about himself so he just did what he'd been dying to for two years.

He kissed Ishan Kishan.