True Desires

Note: If anyone was reading this story in the last year. You can check out the chapters : integrated stories, daylight,bad worse worst and not out till ♾️ again to fill in the details because those were the chapters that were heavily edited the rest went through minor editing. And do let me know how you see this slow progression.

And again if you don't like slow love story with lot of angst and emotions more than romance then probably not the best for you...Well it isn't the best.But anyway,,do let me know
________________________________________

The next morning NOTHING HAPPENED.

The next noon NOTHING HAPPENED.

The next afternoon NOTHING HAPPENED.

The next night NOTHING HAPPENED.

Disappointed? Aren't you?

Well, so did Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan with their life.

It was the day of the 2nd match against England when Shubman and Ishan were in the crease together. Both scored half-centuries while having each other.

So there were two hugs. Umm...you can't call them hugs but trust me that awkward congratulations meant the world to both of them.

They both could sense how proud the other was seeing their own success. Both of their eyes shone with the same glimmer that they had 3 years back.

Both were playing the game of unrequited love.
And both of them were the master of it. However, the playing track was different. It wasn't parallel so we could only hope for them to collide their paths once again.

There is a saying that if you want something God gives you the opportunity to get that. He doesn't provide that itself but he certainly does provide the opportunity to grasp that.

What if both of them are hoping for the other to be happy? But the only thing that could make them truly happy is the other person praying for them to be happy.

India won the series by 2-1 against England. They lost in the first match but came back strongly in the next two matches.

The trophy was handed over by Jay Shah.

Please try to remember this man and for your information, a real villain plays with his pawns so do not forget the uncle.

After the ceremony, the players and the management stayed in the field for sometimes. The authorities mainly chatted with the players about their performances and preferences before they headed to the hotel.

In the meantime, an important conversation happened between our pocket dynamo and Mr. Jay Shah.

Ishan was instructed just as before:

"You're doing a great job. Keep it up."

Actually this was said in front of many players. Shubman included. But none of them knew the real meaning behind this. To Ishan it seemed like yet another regular punch to his already crushed soul but he could never get used to it.

"What that man is congratulating me for killing myself or what?"

Ishan and Shubman were compelled to sit together during the bus ride to their hotel. Just that. No conversation. No head on each others shoulders. No iPod sharing. No nothing. The whole team was creating chaos in the bus. But here we got two guys fighting the chaos in their heads for the battle that is not meant for them to win.

Their room witnessed yet another cold storm like the bus. Shubman went straight to the washroom. He just asked Ishan if he needed to use it first. When Ishan said no, he was much relieved that he can at least sort his mind for the survival of the next two days.