Chapter 8 - Raiding Padme's Closet

As the cargo shipped touched down on the landing pad of Naboo, a smile graced my features. I'd been here on missions before in the past and was subsequently enamored by the planet ever since. I could see why Padme hated to leave it.

Anakin and I each carried part of Padme's luggage while she carried the last one. But the balding sun and heaviness of the two overpacked suitcases in my hands didn't relieve my jet-lag any. Following behind the pair with my dark cloak swishing around my ankles and my lightsaber bumping my hip as I walked, I let my dark eyes wander the locale as Padme regaled us with stories of her former reign here.

"I wasn't the youngest Queen ever elected, but now that I think back on it, I'm not sure I was old enough. I'm not sure I was ready," Padme admitted with a slight shrug of her thin shoulders as we climbed a flight of stairs to cross one of the many narrow bridges that the planet had to offer.

"The people you served thought you did a good job. I heard they even tried to amend the Constitution so you could stay in office," Anakin replied, his tone slightly flirtatious but not quite so obvious as it had been back in Coruscant.

"I was relieved when my two terms were up. But when the Queen asked me to serve as Senator, I couldn't refuse her," Padme finished, glancing at Anakin as she talked.

"That's because you're in politics to help people, not gain anything from it. I think the Queen could see that as well." I stated, earning a smile from Padme.

As we crossed yet another small bridge, I breathed in the sweet floral scent of the Naboo air and marveled at the shining turquoise water flowing beneath the light pink stones we walked on.

Nudging Anakin gently with my elbow as we trailed along after the Senator, I couldn't help but comment with a nod towards the water, "It'd probably be pretty nice to swim naked in that,"

The sandy blond eyed me as if I'd suddenly grown lekkus out of my head.

"Master Obi-Wan would say you're being inappropriate right now," he said to me lowly in a disapproving tone.

"But Master Obi-Wan isn't here right now, is he?" I sassed back, brushing past him as Padme chuckled softly at our banter.

But as we stepped off the bridge and left the sparkling canal behind, I saw his blue eyes flick to the water one last time and knew he was contemplating the very same thing.

Within an hour, we had arrived at Padme's private summer villa. It was beautiful and wildly expensive, the ostentatious flower decorations and marble architecture making my eyes widen in surprise. One of the senator's servants, a middle-aged woman with graying hair kept in a tight bun and a plain black dress that fell to her feet, came to greet us on the steps.

A polite smile was etched on her lips as she welcomed us, "Senator, we are pleased to have you back here again. Won't you please come in?"

As the woman led Padme to her room, two servant girls showed up to lead Anakin and I to ours. Rounding the corner, the hallway opened up into a small circular space which held two doors on either side.

"Oh, great, adjoining rooms - just what I've always wanted," I muttered under my breath sarcastically as the servants excused themselves.

Anakin shrugged as he walked over to his door, stepping into the sensor range so that it immediately slid open, "Be thankful it's not bunk beds,"

Walking into my own room, I pouted before mumbling, "But I've always wanted a bunk bed..."

The room was small and simple, the walls painted a deep beige. A large queen bed covered by a burgundy quilt was situated in the middle of the room, ivory nightstands adjacent. It wasn't unlike my own bedchamber at the Temple although a more vibrant color scheme. However, I had heard rumors that Master Yoda's room was decorated in loud Loth prints. But I digress.