I hate this

I was in the dinner table with my family, we are having some rice with chicken. Some noise is coming from the outside, the Neiborhood from our section is throwing a goodbye funeral. That how we call it when one of us has to go with them. So lets explain how is life now, to you. 

About like 20 to 30 years ago, Vampires appear official to humanity, they first where friendly, it started going on working night shifts like a normal person, then started going up, making new companies, having vampires in the high society, then they took the government, that's when things give a turn for bad, at least for human society. They made arrangements to how things where, so they felt more comfortable. They divided the world putting themselves on the top shelf. When humans came opposing them, a war begun. it was horrible, a lot of human life's where lost, so we surrender. We had too make like a pact of peace, we did not have any more options. So the vampires came with this new, program, if you can call it that. Each section of high vampires have their own piece of land, In the vampire world they go by rank, name and powers. So they go and earn land depending on how high is their rank. So the Lancaster family, that's where Me and my family are located, they have the biggest civilization, most rich vampires out there, we are in what, you will call a capital. The vampires made Neiborhood's surrounded by walls, more like a huge well prepared prison. In this Neiborhood's each house has to be with a well composed family, each family has to give children until they are of age they cannot, the program goes like this, the first born, the role of this individual, no matter if is girl or boy, is made to marry another first born individual of the chosen family, they made this decision by going on alphabetical order. The second born is for working as maid or driver for the vampires, now the third is food, and if the family has more then you get the idea. each family has to obey and complete their duty to society and order. If the family don't obey they are executed, there no option otherwise. So as you can see, they totally control our life's and they farm us like animals. The women who can't procreate are food as same as the men. Life is not good, is sad all the time, and I hate it. I have to see my friends leave to die, not knowing if they suffer or went peacefully. Each time the third born is chosen a letter arrive to the house, saying that you have been chosen to achieve your maximum potential. Bullshit of course, another thing they took from us is our last names, we don't use that anymore, we are just numbers and letters for them, We still go and at least put us names, but there's families that the don't even name the third child, I think that's cruel. At least my family put me a name, Phoenix, simple but I love it. Yes you can guess, I'm the third child, my destiny is to die in the hands of a disgusting vampire. So there we where, hearing how they cry outside, because our neighbors kid was send to die the next morning. That means I'm next.

"its a shame, he is so young" my mother said cleaning her tears

"honey just don't listen, you know the rules, don't mind, it don't hurt" My dad said putting the spoon on his mouth

"it wont hurt now, until the letter arrives here and they take our baby too" My mom said mad getting up and leaving the table, she was pregnant at the moment so she was more emotional than usual

After dinner I went to my room, Just a bed with white sheets, a desk, one window no curtains. did I mention the clothing restrictions, all women have to wear white dresses and men white shirt and white pants. I hate this Place. I wish I can kill my self but then they will punish my family because of me. I looked outside and saw how where they gathered around a fire place. They look so sad. I just shake my head and went to sleep. The next morning I wake up early, washed myself and went to my work, to keep our minds occupied we do regular works inside this complex, I'm in charge of the supply of food, I have the morning shift. I went to the small building, write my time of arrival and stand behind the table, families come to pick their supply boxes, they say their number, I search for it in the back and bring it to them, easy.

"hi good morning" My work partner said to me

"good morning"

She was a nice person some times she does talk a lot but I like it, I don't talk much, so she is friendly for both of us.

"how is your morning today?"

"is fine like always and you?"

"awful, I heard I'm being relocated"

"really where?" I started to feel bad

"I'm going to be a kitchen maid, I receive the latter this morning"

I was feeling terrible sad and tears where filling my eyes, so I ran to the bathroom and lock my self in. I don't usually let my feelings out, but I known her all my life and she's leaving. I remember with father always say, I don't mind, so I don't care, it don't hurt. Then she nocks the door.

"oh phoenix, I know you will be sad, I didn't wanted to tell you, but you know I tell you everything, at least I'm not food, oh shit, that's a bad thing to say, Can you forget I said that?"

"is ok" I open the door, she hugs me

"I will miss you"

"me too"

I clean my eyes and went back to work. after my shift was over, I look to her one last time, said my good byes and went to my next station, now I have to milk cows and do the procedure of cleaning and processing the milk. This place is well prepared, I give them that, things works, peacefully, but is all out of fear. I attend my cow, I named her Marta, I milk her gently, then I go inside the farm house, where others work as well, I boil the milk, while the milk boils I clean Marta's den. I went back and the milk is ready to be clean, I passed it over the nets a couple of times, the I store it in a crystal bottle and put it in a refrigerator. on my way out I stumble with another friend of mine, he's 16 and his a third child so his family didn't give him a name. But I call him, bird, because he like to make noised with his mouth.

"hi bird good morning"

"hello phoenix, how are you?"

"I'm doing ok and you?"

"I can be better"

"why? what happen?"

"I don't want to bother you"

"come on is ok" 

We walked to a bench that was near us and we sit. He looks sad and anxious.

"You remember that girl that I talked to you about"

"yes the A5 family, right?"

"yes well I did it, I tell her I liked her"

"and?"

"she rejected me, because I'm food"

My heart once again, it hurts. I hugged him. What can I say to make him feel better.

"bird, don't mind her ok, if you don't care it wont hurt, ok? there a lot more girls out there"

"but is true, I'm food, I'm destine to die"

"Don't say that"

"My parents didn't even gave me a name"

I just go and hug him again, I really don't have any more words to say, I hate this. After that I went to take lunch at home, when I entered I saw my little brother playing with his cars at the living room, How can it be possible, is this really our reality, my baby brother that I love so dearly, is food, like me. Then I hear my mother crying like crazy, I run towards her at the kitchen, she was reading a letter, oh no. I hate this, I hate them.