The Flower Field: Fanny x Reader

A/N
-O/N= Object name (Y/N but Osc frfr)
Requested by: Nobody (I'm just nervous to post this without any real content, this is my first time!)
Sorry if it's bad or cliche! This is the first x reader I've wrote!
—————————————————————————

O/N was known for being the lovable ray of sunshine, always there if someone needed to vent, always willing to hang out, not really putting their own needs into play. If others were happy, they were.

People usually enjoyed this company, except for Fanny. Fanny always seemed like she hated O/N, but she hated most everything, so nothing was really different.

The only one really hurt was O/N. They wanted everyone to be happy, and if they couldn't make it happen, then what would they do?

They just decided to keep being nice, making flower crowns and everything, just trying to win Fanny's affection.

They didn't know if it had an effect, but they might as well try, better than obsessing or anything.

Even so, most every interaction went along the lines of:

O/N: Hey Fanny! I made you a flower crown!

Fanny: I HATE it!

O/N: places it on her head anyway

Fanny: Why do you do this? I HATE you!

O/N: cmooon just be my friend!!!!

Fanny: you're so annoying!!!

Despite claiming to hate it, Fanny always kept the flower crown on instead of shaking it away or stomping on it. Despite everything, she didn't even know why O/N persisted. She just wanted to be alone, but now she wanted their attention? She just decided to keep being mean to see if O/N would still be there.

This gave her more attention, sure, but one day it all came careening toward her.

It seemed like a fine day, secretly liking the attention and yelling out, but..

O/N: What's your favorite type of flower?

Fanny: I HATE flowers!

O/N: You seem like you'd like buttercups. They're kind of you in reverse. They put on a soft exterior to poison inside, while you put on a hard exterior while inside you're sweet.

That hit close to home

Fanny: I.. uh- WELL YOU SHOULD SWALLOW A BUTTERCUP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!

O/N recoiled, somewhat shocked. Fanny usually was angry, but not death threats level.

O/N: ...I just wanted to be your friend...

Fanny: Wait, I-

O/N: If you truly want me to leave you alone, I'm sorry.

O/N ran off, obviously hurt. They were able to catch onto people just having them there for attention, but they didn't know what to do if someone genuinely hated them in and out.

Fanny hesitated, but ran to follow them anyway. Despite how she seemed, she was just trying to keep them trying, because she didn't want to just be another friend, pushed to the side for others.

O/N was truly the bright sun to Fanny's cold moon.

Hearing footsteps behind them as tears streamed down their face, they didn't turn to look. O/N knew who was there.

O/N: "Just go if you hate me that bad."

Fanny: "No, I'm sorry! I just didn't want to be another friend. You're friends with everyone! When you gave that attention to me, I played cold because I didn't want to be the same as 40 other people!"

O/N: "Huh?"

Fanny then took a second, trying to find the right words.

Fanny: "I- I love you! The way you're nice to everyone, the way you bounce around without a care, everything!"

O/N was speechless, only wiping away their tears and hugging Fanny.

Fanny seemed shocked, but hugged back.

O/N: "With all this time of me trying to make you my friend, I realized what I was missing. A lover. And you are more beautiful than any flower in that whole field."

The two seemed to hold their embrace for a while, seeming to both be relieved that the other felt the same. And just then, as if the perfect time, a lunar eclipse occurred. It took a bit of pointing from O/N for Fanny to notice.

They pulled away to watch it, enjoying the moment.

And for once, Fanny didn't hate it.

———————————————————————

End!

Sorry if this was too long or repetitive!

Total word count: 722