CHAPTER 4

It was bright Monday morning. Many students saw Monday as a long, boring school day. The sun shone bright above the horizon. I was running late for school and had to hasten my foot steps. I didn't wait for the bus. I went to Shelley's house which is just a stone throw from my house. I greeted her mum and we exchanged pleasantries. What about your mum? Shelley's mum asked. She is doing great I replied.

Shelley was now done after the long conversation I had with her mum and was putting her shoes on. She was done and we left. We got into a bus and left together. We loved going to school together most times. Especially when we have something to talk about. I didn't think there was anything to discuss today. We just decided to go to school together.

There was this new boy that came to our school today. Precisely my class. He was tall, and looked like Ranson just a bit. I noticed it when he came into the classroom. He looked like a bully just like Ranson too. He was rude too. How I got to know he was rude was because of Shelley.

I earlier stated that I was a busy body but I forgot to mention that Shelley was worse. As a matter of fact, I was very quiet, shy and lonely when I got into that school. It was Shelley who influenced me to being a talkative. It actually helped because I became more outspoken. Shelley saw the boy as he entered the classroom. She immediately went to meet him to greet a new class member and brought her hands out for a shake. He looked at her from her head to toe and looked somewhere else without shaking her. Everyone in the class room started laughing. Shelley wasn't embarrassed anyways. Immediately that action occured Shelley didn't still move her hands. She was still busy laughing with the other kids. I quickly ran to her and dragged her back to her seat.

She just attracted some kind of problem to herself I thought. I didn't know if the new boy was actually a bully. All I knew was that he looked like one. Another thing I noticed was that as everyone laughed in the class room, only Ranson kept a stiff face. Maybe it's just his usual bad mood. I thought to myself.
"Shelley what was that you displayed right there? Don't you have any shame at all?" I asked her
" I was just trying to be friendly with a new classmate "
" Don't you know that you may be attracting some kind of trouble to your self?"
" I'm not. Why do you say so?"
" Don't you see how stiff his face looks? He doesn't look like someone who should be associated with".
" That's none of my business "

It was lunch time and everyone was at the cafeteria. Shelley and I were still preparing to go eat something because we were both famished as at that time. We were arranging some of our books. When we got to the cafeteria, I saw something that marvelled me. Shelley was busy getting our food. I was with her requesting what I'll eat and I turned and saw Ranson with the new boy. They were both laughing and discussing with each other like they new themselves somewhere before now. I was shocked because Ranson never interacts with anyone except his block headed friends. The gang of friends that join him in bullying. Normally, every bully has his followers just like every leader has followers. They are 4 including Ranson to make it 5. I'll list their real names and nick names.
Ranson--- Viper
Billy---- snake
Justin---- cobra
Henry---- scorpion
Green----- python. All together they are called the demons.

Laugh out loud. These boys are the most useless human beings on earth. Answering names of animals. Their school life is even worse than my own. These boys do not even write the test. At least I do my best and have an F my hard earned F. But these ones, hmm I can't even say anything else about them.
They have made many people hate school. Elly a girl in grade 6 once dropped out because of these boys. They disgraced her publicly.

There was once we had a school party for all high school students. Drinks were made available but only fruit drinks. It was a no alcohol party. Only fruit drinks and some snack. I would call it a snack party. The demons disobeyed the school authority and sneaked some strong alcohol in against the rules. Elly was a nonchalant girl from an indecent family. During the party, Elly left her drink on the table and went to dance on the dance floor. After some time, Henry was sent by his Group. The demons to spike her drink. He did it and left immediately. Elly came back and drank it. After some while, she started misbehaving. This guy's videoed her and posted it on the school platform. The whole school saw the video and mocked her. She felt ashamed and didn't come back to the school.

The school authority saw what occurred and were furious. CCTV cameras were installed in the hall used for the party. During the party, someone was kept in a room to watch all the activities Incase of any problem but fell asleep.
The demons were suspended for some weeks after that incidence. The whole school was calm during those periods of their absence. Everyone wished they were expelled.
I went and asked one of my class mates how the new boy was related to Ranson and I was told that they were cousins. Wow. They actually look alike. I noticed similarities when the new boy entered the class room. The only difference between them was that Kevin was not as huge as Ranson.