CHAPTER 8

The telephone rang loudly and when I went to find out who was calling, it was a strange number. One I didn't recognize. I called mum to pick the call reason being that I don't like speaking to strangers. Especially one who I can't see or know what he or she looks like.
                  "Hello" the stranger said. We saw a man lying dead by the road side along an industry and we believe that you may have a relationship with him. It was obvious that he was shot.
No one needed to be told that it was dad. " My dad"
                    The stranger kept on explaining things to mum but she wasn't listening. She dropped the telephone carelessly with her eyes filled with tears already, fell down to the ground and started sobbing bitterly.
                   I was so sad. I have never been this sad all my life. My life had been one of merry and happiness. I had never experienced sadness all my life. I never knew that a day like this would come when sadness will down on me. I was so shattered. I cried so much and no one could control me. Allison and Alex were also sobbing bitterly.
               We had no relatives at all so there was no one for mum to tell the sad story to. Mum was an orphan. She was abandoned by her mum when she was just born due to reasons which no one knew. She was told this story by one of the women in the orphanage home that picked her from the trash. We later discovered that mum's mum was dead. Mum didn't actually know her mum. So to her it wasn't her business. A woman who abandoned her at such a tender age. So mum didn't have any relations.
                  Dad's family is quite complicated. His father had many wives and children. He didn't even know some of his children. Dad was also an orphan his parents died long time ago. Dad had a brother and a sister but they're dead now. I don't know what killed them. I didn't bother to ask dad.
                 We didn't want to do dad's burial without finding out who exactly was responsible for his death.
But after several futile investigations, we did his burial in a cemetery. (A quiet burial).
                  After some months, by then we had recovered a little, we were to resume school but there was no money. Mum had no idea about dads wealth. He never informed her about where his money was or his will or anything like that. Mum was so devastated.
       I never supported this "house wife thing". This is always the result. She looses her husband and becomes devastated, doesn't know what to do...
        I don't know when I'll resume school anyways but mum assured us that we will all resume school. I'm kinda happy that I may not be going to school any time soon but I don't want to tell mum. It's going to sound so awful.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ALLISON'S POV

           I feel so devastated right now. I just lost my dad. It's feels like a delusion. I'm really sad. I loved my dad and can never forget all the memories we shared together. Dad was a source of joy and happiness in our home.
           How do I continue with my education now? Dad was bastardly wealthy and now his kids are suffering. If only mum was working maybe we would not have had any problems at all. But does it mean that all dad's suffering and hardwork will just go into thin air?
This is really bad
             What actually killed dad?
All of a sudden we just got a strange call and heard rubbish. What's actually going on? The cops aren't even doing anything about this.
This is really annoying. Dad has been buried months ago and now, no one is interested in finding out who and what killed dad.