CHAPTER 6

It was dusk already. Every where was dark and dad wasn't home yet.  Every where was locked including shops too. Everyone had retired home and the street was lonely. I waited for him because I wanted to ask him for money to buy my new set of makeup. I went to bed anyways. I felt that he would still come back even if it became really late. Dad is always busy. Maybe he is busy doing something. I went to bed and didn't know when I slept. Mum didn't sleep she continued calling his number and it wasn't reachable.
               I woke up the following morning expecting to see my dad perhaps in his room or at the study room. I went around the house calling him and I didn't see him. I became a little bit scared.
               I went to meet Alex and Allison and told them what was going on. They weren't even aware. We all became scared. Mum was crying and moving left and right, trying her best to get to him. "Phillip has never slept out before. What's going on? " Mum said and started crying. Alex and Allison just stood still, staring with fear. I was so scared. Tears began to rush from my eyes. 
               The day was growing and we had not heard anything still.
Mum was about passing out Alex noticed and ran to catch her. I also ran towards her. "Get a cup of water quickly" Alex screamed with a shaky voice. Allison ran out and came back almost immediately with a cup of water. They sprinkled water on her face and gave her some to drink.
                  It was past three o'clock and dad wasn't home yet. I made a silent prayer and started shivering. When mum was a little bit calm, I went to her and asked what we would do. Should we report to the police? I asked. It's too early to report the case. It could be that he was very busy or something else.
                 It was night again and dad wasn't still home then it downed on me that dad wasn't okay. Different thoughts started going through my head.
Was dad kidnapped?
Was he sick?
Did he have an accident?
Was he in trouble?
I was so scared. I loved dad so much and didn't want him to be in any sought of trouble.
       I went to Allison's room and she was crying. I went close to her and tears dropped from my eyes too
Alex was just moving from east to west though it was obvious that he was sad. I went to Allison and patted her. "Every thing will be okay", I concluded.
            Days and days past and dad wasn't back still. Mum what the hell are you waiting for? Report this case to the police. I need to know what is happening. We all are lost in the dark. What's going on?
What is the problem?
I need to know where dad is. Okay?
Please hurry up before it becomes too late. Please!!!!!!!!!!! I shouted and began to cry. Everyone began to cry too including mum.
            Since the day we discovered Dad's disappearance, my siblings and I haven't gone to school. We were so broken so we could not go. I didn't even get a call from Shelley. Maybe she has been busy. I thought.
             Mum went to the police station the following day to lay a complaint. I didn't really know anything about that or the complaint she went to lay. All I knew was that dad was missing and she went to report the case.