CHAPTER 10

Aliya's pov
-----------------------------------------------------------
                    Why did dad pass through all these without informing any family member? If he had informed us, maybe we would have still had him with us, healthy and alive. I really feel scared now. Firstly, we lost our dad and we are about to loose our house too. What's that senator's name? He's so wicked and selfish. How could he be soooo Soo wicked.
                   What a world. It's crashing already. I never knew anything bad could happen to my family. I think I should spend more time with my family now. We need each other now more than anything. We should join our faith together and be strong for one another.
                   This whole incidence has made me forget about my make-up. Hmm.
I finally rose up from the bed and went to meet my siblings.
Hey Allison, Alex. How are you guys doing? See let's all be strong. If we keep on being moody mom may fall sick. So let's be strong for Mom and make her proud.
Allison just looked up at me and smiled. She sat up and held my hand. Alex was just staring at nothing.

Allison's POV
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mom we can't keep quiet any longer concerning that senator whatever, we need to Sue that man he's responsible for Dad's death we should sue him.

You know he's more influential Allison, mom replied.

"And so what? Mom, and so what?
See mom we can't just conclude when we've not tried let's try and see what the court will say about this situation".

"Alison forget about this we also don't have a proof"

Mom yes do have a proof I said and smiled sheepishly.

What do you mean Alison?, mom said tiredly.

Mom don't you trust me? I'm so smart when senator Rolls Dermott was saying all those things, i mean the confession, I recorded them I couldn't risk any chance we have to sue him because he's responsible for Dad's death.

Oh my...Alison are you serious?
Mum said with surprise.

      Yes mom I am. We need to do this.
Mum was very happy. She hugged me really tight and started shedding tears.
            Aliya and Alex had been listening quietly and were very happy about the news. How sure are we that you actually recorded this? Can you play the recording? Alex said with excitement.
             I brought my phone out from my pocket and played it. The senator's voice was very loud and the words were clear. Everyone jumped up in happiness.

              It was holiday so we didn't go to school during this period. Mum hired a lawyer immediately and started filling the case against senator Rolls Dermott. Mum still felt that the recording wasn't enough evidence. I only encouraged her that we tried our best.

Stacey's (mum)POV
-----------------------------------------------------------
Knock!
knock!!
             Everyone heard a knock on the door. Alex went to find out who was knocking. It was a stranger. Alex simply came back into the living room and told mom that it was a stranger. Mom told him to open the door and let the person in.
                "Good Evening madam. I'm Luke. I was passing by when the death of your husband occurred".

               I was now interested in listening to him. Please what do you know about death of my husband? Please what do you know? I started crying.
                 "Madam please calm down. Yes I saw some guys attack him. He tried to fight back but he got shot by one. Immediately they shot him they ran away with his body and disposed it somewhere which I don't know. When I saw this I followed them but I hid myself in order to avoid problems. I recognized him as one who lived in the neighborhood and that's why I followed them.
                    They got back to a point and then a senator came out from a car and gave them some money. They said some things which i could not hear.
                 They were coming out of the bush and were getting to where I was hiding so I ran away as quickly as I could.
Ma I'm sorry I couldn't come early to explain this to you I've been really busy.
I beg to take my leave now thank you for listening".

                Thank you so much Mr Luke. I really appreciate you. My family and I will be forever grateful for what you've done. I said.
      But I have one more request. Please can you testify in court? I need you to say exactly what you said now in court. This will help us a lot to get senator Rolls Dermott behind bars for what he has done.
"Ma please I'm not sure I can do that".

                Do this for me, do this for my children, do this for us. Aren't you a father? Don't you know what it feels like forrr for a wife and children tooo to lose their their father and their husband? Please do this for me. Please I'm begging you. Please I'm  so happy that you came here today but please help us so that we can prosecute this man for his act of wickedness. I knelt down and started sobbing and pleading.

               "Madam please don't kneel. Please don't.
Okay I'll do this for you guys I'm doing this because I know what it feels like. I'm a man I know what it feels for the family to lose their head. I'll do this for you guys"
             Oh my.... are you for real? Thank you so much. I won't forget you in a hurry. thank you. May God bless you. My children and I all thanked him for his act of kindness towards us. I screamed.