CHAPTER 9

Aliya

                   My school, John Gateway high school was one of the best schools here. Almost every kid from wealthy homes attended the school. There was no doubt that many kids of politicians and senators were there too. Most times, they were not known. It could be because they came with their drivers and no one knew they were kids of senators.
                    If there were any kids from poor or middle class homes, then they must be there due to scholarship. John Gateway high school was know for discipline, great tutors and so much more. I wonder how those demons have not been properly dealt with up till now, when our school is known for discipline.
                    I resumed school faster than I expected. Mum had some savings. She saved some money while dad was alive. He used to give her pocket money and she didn't spend all. So we all resumed school. Allison and Alex were very happy. They ran to mum and hugged her. I just pretended and joined them.
"Mum why don't you save your money instead" I asked.
Mum didn't reply me. She only gave me a stare. I had to shut my mouth because I realized that it wasn't funny at all and it was not a time to joke.

   Stacey's (mum) pov
      Pfffffffff. This is so exhausting. I never expected that my own husband will go this soon. I'm now a widow at this young age. Isn't there a will or something like that? What was Phillip thinking? He didn't will anything to us?
How do we survive this now? I'm so glad that my kids will be resuming school now. I didn't spend all my money back then and I'm happy that I didn't. At least my kids won't lack food. I never knew that money could be so relevant until now. I really miss my husband. I remembered those cheerfull memories and all the time we spent together as a family. They were wonderful moments that no one was to forget
Mum!
Mum!!
Mum!!!
I was brought back to reality as I heard Aliya call me.
"Aliya what's the problem?"
" Mum there's someone outside looking for you"
"Who is that?"
"Mum I don't know come see for your self".
I came to the living room as a man walked in with his body guard.
"Good day sir. What can I do for you? Are you sure that your at the right place?"
" Good day young lady" he replied. He looked round the house and said " I'm pretty sure that I'm at the right place".
" So what can we do for you"
" Won't you let me sit?"
"Oh sorry about my manners, you may sit"
The man sat and he began talking.
" Young lady I'm Senator Rolls Dermott".
"Oh really I've heard about you. So what do I owe you sir"
" I'm here because of this house. I told your stupid late husband that I wanted to buy this house but he refused. Just because he made little money he wanted to show me that he was tough but I showed him that I was tougher. I love the position of this house and I want to buy it".
I gazed with confusion, my mouth was wide open and tears filled my eyes.
"Ssss sss sir this is the only reasonable property my husband left for us. How do we sell it? There's no other place for us to stay".
"Don't you have relatives or something?"
"Let's not even go there. Please sir we can't sell this house. Can't you find somewhere else?"
" Heyyyyy listen up young woman. I need this exact location to build a shopping complex for my wife. This location has all I need so back out as soon as possible and avoid my wrath"
"Wait! Wait! Are u responsible for the death of my husband? Are you? Mum yelled"
" Heyyyy don't yell at me. I'm Senator Rolls Dermott. No one dares me. Don't you dare yell at me. Firstly, your husband was a very stupid coward. Secondly, don't ask me stupid questions. Even if I'm responsible for his death, there's nothing you can do. Firstly, I'm influencial, secondly, I'm rich, thirdly, I'm famous, lastly I'm a senator. A whole senator. No one I repeat no one can dare me".
          I began to cry ,yell and I began letting what I had to say out all these while. How could you kill a fellow man because of earthly properties. A family man with a wife and kids. Your so wicked. Before I knew what was happening, Alex did something I never expected. He slapped the senator.
" How dare you?"
The senator shouted. He wanted to grab my son and hit him but Alex was faster than he was. He held his hands and warned him never to come to our house ever again.
" Hey you little punk. How dare you slap a whole Senator Rolls Dermott? How dare you? Are you okay? I'll be back for you all. Prepare for my visit again and that visit won't be funny. Expect me".
He walked out and his guard followed.