5: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴɪᴅ

“...”

Furina stared at the ceiling of her home.

It had been about an hour since you said those words to her.

‘I… enjoy talking with you.’

Furina screamed in her pillow as she rolled around on the floor.

Just what has gotten into you?! It was like you became a completely different person.

You even smiled!!

Furina immediately sat up from the floor as she put on her determined face.

That’s it! She’s decided what she’s going to do!!

“Hey Katheryne, it’s us! Got any new commissions? Specifically, one with a huge Mora tag, perhaps?”

Paimon flew over to Katheryne as Aether followed closely behind.

“You didn’t have to be so direct.”

Aether crossed his arms as he stared at Paimon with a disapproving  look.

“Eh, Paimon’s just being enthusiastic! We’re old friends now, she gets it!”

You stood behind Paimon and Aether, clearly not wanting to start any unnecessary conversation.

You were dragged out of the house by the two because they claimed that you could use some more “fresh air.”

“Hehe, it’s always a pleasure to see our two most avid adventurers again. Looking forward to the next challenge I see.”

Katheryne politely smiles as she goes on to explain an open commission for the pair.

You listened to some of the details, but you weren’t really that interested. Eventually, Paimon and Aether walked to one of Fontaine’s citizens to start small talk.

“Hello there! Are you the guy looking for a new actress?”

“Wait… I know you two! Are you really willing to act in my musical!?”

The man stared at both Paimon in Aether in anticipation. At this point, Katheryne decides to start small talk with you of all people.

“Hello there. Are you a new adventurer?”

You shook your head. You weren’t interested in such exploration.

“Ah, I see. Would you be interested in becoming one?”

“I’m not interested?”

Katheryne nodded in understanding.

“Ah, I see. So you’re one of the traveler's friends. I am Katheryne, the receptionist here at the Adventurers' Guild. It is nice to meet you.”

“Hm.”

You nodded, but this time, it was out of acknowledgment.

Katheryne then smiled and walked over to Paimon and Aether. You followed.

“As it happens, I have her current address here. I can provide it to you.”

Whose address?

You stared at Katheryne, waiting for her to say whose address we were about to go to.

Wait, how was she even listening to the conversation when she was talking to you..?

“Whoa, when did you get here!?”

“Hehe, I came over when things were starting to sound more promising. I thought I should be at the ready in case my assistance was needed. It is my duty to support commissioners in any way I can.”