ɴᴀᴘᴛɪᴍᴇ 2/4

Drops of heavy rain hit against your bedroom window, creating a comforting sound.

Rain was nice. Especially at night.

Sleeping was always easy with a little sound in the background. It was peaceful.

You asked Tubby if she wanted to come inside because of the downpour, but she refused, saying she could sleep in her teacup.

After seeing the way she casually snoozed away in the cup, you let her be and went off to bed.

It was strange. You've never seen it rain in the teapot before, but Aether didn't panic, so you decided not to either.

You laid in bed and pulled the sheets over your body.

It was cold, but that only made it better for the sleeping experience.

You closed your eyes, getting comfortable, and drifted off to sleep.

-

Lightning illuminated the room, which made Furina slowly open her eyes.

Before Furina could fully wake up, thunder suddenly erupted, disturbing the peace.

Frightened, Furina sat up and looked out her room window.

The curtain covered most of the window, but she could still hear that her window was constantly being hit by raindrops.

A look of worry appeared on Furina's face when she saw another flash of light illuminate her room.

Covering her ears, Furina shut her eyes, dreading the sound of thunder.

Furina didn't like the rain. They reminded her of..

Furina shook her head and furrowed her eyebrows.

Grabbing a pillow, Furina quickly got out of bed and slowly opened her room door.

Furina gritted her teeth as she heard the door creak. How annoying..

Quietly walking to the room next to hers, Furina lifted her hand to knock but hesitated.

She knew this was childish, but seeing rain made her worried.

Furina didn't know why, but she felt nervous.

No.. she was scared.

It was like something was going to swallow her whole if she knocked. It was terrifying.

Suddenly, Furina heard your room door creek open, causing her to gasp and back away.

"Furina?"

"..Uhm.."

"..."

Seeing your concerned look, Furina relaxed her shoulders.

"You can't sleep?"

Furina nodded her head but looked down at the ground when she realized what she was really afraid of.

Clenching her pillow, Furina spoke in a small voice. Her words shook as tears blurred her vision.

"The water levels aren't rising, are they..?"

"..."

You were surprised about her sudden question. You didn't remember much, but you had a hunch that it had something to do with Furina's past.

You shook your head and put a hand on Furina's shoulder.

You would have to ask Neuvillette for the rest of the details later and write them down.

"No. You're safe here."

Furina looked a little relieved when she realized that you were completely serious about what you said. Seeing you like this made her feel safe.

"Come in."

You moved away from the doorway so Furina could enter.

It would be wrong of you to send her back to her room. You might be dense, but you weren't stupid.

Furina smiled and walked in.

Although your room was a little plain, it was neat and clean as usual.

You closed the door and yawned as you made your way back to bed.

Seeing you get back in bed made Furina realize two things.

She was now in your room and would most likely have to share a bed with you.

You both were now engaged, but it was still crazy to think about. Was it too soon, or...?

You moved to the far end of the bed so Furina could also lay down.

"Thank you.."

Furina carefully placed her pillow next to yours and nervously pulled the blanket over her.

She's never shared a bed with anyone before. Never in all of her 500 years of living.

She was nervous, and it was no secret. Even you could tell that she was tense.

"..."

Realizing that you went quiet, Furina turned her head to look at your side of the bed and saw that you had already fallen asleep.

Furina smiled as she stared at your sleeping face. You looked so peaceful...

Lifting her hand, Furina gently poked your cheek.

A sudden flash of lightning lit up the room, yet Furina was too distracted to care.

She loved the way your eyes shut tighter each time her finger made contact with your skin.

Hearing the rumbling of thunder in the distance, Furina didn't panic this time.

It was because you were by her side.

Moving closer over to your end of the bed, Furina wrapped her arms around you, pulling you into a tight hug.

"I want to be with you forever."

Warm.

Oh, how warm she felt.

Feeling an arm wrap around her, Furina looked embarrassed when she realized you were still awake.

You smiled.

"...Me too."

(Y/n pretended to sleep in an effort to make Furina feel a bit more comfortable in his presence)