8: ʙᴏɴᴅɪɴɢ

"This is Gentilhomme Usher."

"Hehe! Sunntendante Chevalmann!!"

"And Mademoiselle Crabaletta!"

Furina ran around as she introduced you to each of her new pets.

It had been around a month since she had obtained her vision, and during the time, the both of you have gotten closer.

You both would even be considered "friends."

"They have gotten close, haven't they?"

Paimon "whispered" in Aether's ear as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Time was passing by quickly, and soon, Aether would have to leave to go to the next region for more information on his sister.

"Yeah..."

"Ooh, look at what I can do!"

Furina summoned her "oceanid form" with her vision and put her hands on her hips, proud of her accomplishment.

"That's nice."

Even though it sounded like you weren't interested, Furina knew that you were actually really impressed with her accomplishments.

"Hehe!~ Just wait until you see me fight tougher opponents! I'll take them down in seconds."

A smug smile appeared on Furina's face as Paimon shook her head in disapproval.

All you did was stare at her happy expression with your mouth slightly agape.

You were a little surprised.

She was smiling ear to ear.

She looked truly happy.

"What are you staring at??"

Furina blushed as she immediately turned around as her hands quickly wiped at her cheeks.

"Is there something on my face!?"

"No."

Furina stopped rubbing her face, thinking about the endless reasons as to why you were staring at her.

"Huh, then what is-"

Furina turned around but immediately got quiet when she saw you smiling.

"I'm glad."

Aether looked surprised while Paimon had her jaw wide open.

"TRAVELER! Did you see that?!?!?!"

Paimon pointed at you while all Aether could do was nod, speechless.

They've never seen you smile before...

"Well, that's new."

"W-why are you looking at me like that!?"

Furina shielded her face from your gentle smile.

It was too perfect for her to look at, that she had to look away.

"Huh? What's wrong?"

You genuinely looked confused while Furina was desperately trying to gather her composure.

You really didn't know how much power you possessed, did you?

-

"Today, we're making....!"

Furina proudly pointed to her cookbook.

"This thing!"

"...?"

You walked over to her, and she lent you the cookbook. You studied the dish that she presented to you.

"Dango?"