43.

Maggie

I wake up with a smile on my face as I turn over to face Hayes while lying in his bed. His face is serene, all his hard muscles relaxed and unguarded as he sleeps.

There's no questioning that last night was a huge deal. From the moment I met him I knew that Hayes was protective of himself. Knowing the history of him and his dad had made his hesitations easier to understand, but not necessarily easier to bear. For weeks we had stood right at the edge of something that promised to be great. Last night, we finally jumped. And it felt monumental.

Trying not to wake him I scoot my way to the edge of the bed and slip from the covers, heading for the bathroom to get ready for the day. I'm halfway through a quick shower when I hear the door slide open.

My eyes lift, water droplets sliding off my eyelashes as I take him in. He leans against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest pulling his muscles taught. He wears only a pair of black boxer briefs and a heavy stare. His minimal clothing leaves little to the imagination and evidently he is quite fond of what he sees. His cock strains against the black fabric and my mouth goes dry.

I maintain our eye contact as I push open the glass door to the shower, the only thing that separates us, an open invitation. Before I have even turned back around his hands are sliding around my waist, pulling me against him, his dick prodding my backside. "What a fucking thing to wake up to." He whispers, low and hot into my ear. A flood of lust washes over me. "I'm supposed to meet up with Wes for a run but I think I'm going to have to cancel. I've thought of a better way to get in my cardio."

A whimper escapes me as I feel his hand dip down, cupping me as he pulls me over to the wall. My hands fly up and press against the tile as he uses his foot to direct my feet apart.

I'm drenched, and not from the shower.

He uses his rough hands to arrange me how he wants me, my hips pulled against him and my back arched to give him access. His hand slips between us and I feel his fingers at my entrance. His menstruations are slow at first. Probing and torturous in a way that has a desperate moan slipping past my lips.

"What's that?" Hayes asks, his fingers dragging across my clit and earning another moan amid curses.

"Give it to me." I whine.

"Tell me what you want, love."

"Fuck, Hayes. I want you!" My voice is desperate, lust and primal desire filling it up so that my words are almost indistinguishable as my own as he continues to lazily work me up as if I'm not already dripping in the palm of his hand.

"Tell me you want my cock, Maggie. Tell me I'm the only one who could ever make you feel this way. Tell me you love me."

His voice is strained and I realize that he's teetering as close to the edge as I am.

"God Hayes, yes! Give me that."

"Say it!" He says, his grip on my waist tightening.

"I love you!" I cry out. In one swift movement his fingers are gone, replaced almost instantly with his member as he pushes into me. He groans, dropping his forehead to rest on my shoulder as he continues his work, moving in and out of me in a perfect cadence.

"God, Hayes. Yes. Just there. Oh my God!" I scream out as water rushes over us.

Sex with Hayes is life changing. Like nothing I've ever felt before and with a connection that transcends anything I've ever experienced. He knows just when to speed up and exactly when to pull back to draw this out to the point I'm begging for him to let me come. To give me the high only he can that has ruined me for any other man.

My vision blurs, my head thrown back as my orgasm washes over me just as the water droplets from the shower do. It's euphoric and Hayes doesn't miss a beat, pumping into me again and again as he draws every ounce of pleasure from my body he can before he finally gives in to his own climax. His body shudders for a moment before he finally stills, each of us gasping for full lungful's of air.

His lips trail lightly across my shoulder, his hands skimming my sides in the gorgeous afterglow. 

*

After a true shower following our escapades I find myself dressed in only a towel sitting on Hayes's bed pouting as he packs for his road trip. 

The team is headed to New Jersey for the next two games of this round of playoffs. They'll have two games there before at least one more back at home so he's going to be gone for a few days and I'm dreading it. 

I flop back against the duvet with a sigh.

"C'mon now, don't be sad." Hayes says as he comes to stand over me, his arms pressing into the mattress on either side of my head as he brings his face to mere centimeters for mine. "It's only a few days and then I'll be right back home."

"Stupid hockey taking you away from me." I say,  a small smile on my face to let him know I'm only teasing. 

"Stupid hockey?" he feigns affronted. "I seem to remember you telling me one night that you find me irresistible on the ice."

I lift and lower my eyebrows suggestively. "Ugh, sadly that's true. Seeing you out there all graceful while you look like a fucking giant. Yeah, babe. You're irresistible which makes me even more irritated that you'll be you, looking like that, and I won't be there."

"Well in that case, I have an easy solution." He offers.

"And what's that?" I ask my curiosity piqued as I stare up at his blue eyes.

"Come with me." Her says simply. The corner of his mouth twitching upward as if he's just offered the most obvious answer. "Shit, you could probably even get on the team plane. Just pitch it to the front office as extra time for you to nail down the sketches for the murals. We'd have separate hotel rooms but.." He gives me a knowing smile, "That doesn't mean we have to use them."