41| Drowning (sexual content 18+)

A/N

🚨Mature content 🚨

__________________

Electricity charges the air as Noah faces me again. Leaning closer, he takes a moment to drag his gaze from my eyes to my mouth, then down to where my cleavage peeks from over my towel.

"Would you like me to find you some clothes, Blue?" His dark eyes flick back to mine, waiting for me to confirm or deny how far we're taking this. Clothes mean game over, back to a movie night, and some innocent snuggling. But no clothes? Uncharted territory.

"Why? You're just going to take them off anyway."

He physically retracts, eyes widening like I've shocked him. Something about being around Noah makes me want to be unapologetically brave.

"Unless you just want to watch a movie," I say coyly, letting my voice trail off. "Then–"

He grabs my wrist, locking his fingers around it. "The only thing I want to watch," he says through measured breaths, "is you." His eyes sweep over me, dark with a hunger I've never seen before, soaking in every bit of exposed skin before meeting my gaze again. He grins the Noah Atterwood grin—the kind that reminds me why I fell for him in the first place. Why every girl in a fifty-mile radius does. It's a grin that says, I get what I want, and I want you. "Come closer, Blue."

I shuffle closer to the edge of the bed, propping my arms behind me. With the tiniest breath, I part my legs as much as this too-tight towel will allow and lower my chin until I'm looking right at him. "Now what?"

A rough breath fills his chest. Without looking away, he places his palms on my bare knees, running them excruciatingly slowly up my thighs. He reaches the end of my towel, watching the material bunch further and further, exposing more of me.

A rush of nervousness lashes my stomach. Pressing my palm to his chest, I stop him from ripping this towel off. "You first."

He grins and shrugs as if it's no problem. With a typical wicked glint in his eye, he gets to his feet and he looks down at the white towel around his waist, waiting for me to do the honors. I swallow hard, reach out, and take hold of the material, pausing before ripping it off.

The moment I toss it aside, my breath catches. My eyes dart down to his waist, expecting to find him completely butt-naked, before remembering he's still in his damp boxers.

He laughs at the look on my face, kneeling in front of me again. "My turn, Blue." His hand reaches for my towel as if unwrapping a gift, carefully unraveling it. The material falls away, tossed to the side in one quick swoop, leaving me completely naked. I suppress the urge to cover myself and watch as his hungry gaze drinks me in, every last inch of me worshipped.

"I never want to take my eyes off you," he says roughly.

I never want to take my eyes off him, either. He's too unbelievably beautiful. Even in his dark room, his golden skin glows healthily, his damp hair perfectly tousled, skin unblemished. But instead of feeling jealous that he's always perfect, I'm just happy he's mine.

I'm his.

"You make me so fucking happy, Blue," he whispers, nuzzling my jaw like he can hear my thoughts. "I've never needed anyone the way I need you."

The funny thing is that I believe it. How could I have judged him so wrong when he's proven how sweet he is since the beginning? Rescuing me from drowning, offering up his pool, giving me my life back. He's been there for me every step of the way, and I was too scared of getting hurt to see it.