chapter 6- the royal hunt

"Jace hurry up!" Y/N shouted as Jace ran across the stones to get to the carriage.

"I'm ran as fast as I could!" Jace sighed out of breath and hoping into the carriage.

"well you should of run faster because its Luke's 6th name day!" Y/N spoke excitedly.

"ok you two settle down" spoke queen Alicent trying to sort out Aemond's hair.

"sorry your grace" spoke Y/N fidgeting in her seat.

today was prince lucereys sixth name day and there was a royal hunt arranged in his honour.

the whole family sat in one carriage so tensions were high.

the king sat in his favourite place and the queen sitting on the opposite side of him with Aemond next to her.

Rhaenyra sat next to Luke and Jace and Y/N sat next to Jace. and Aegon Y/N's betrothed sat next to Luke. and on the other side of Y/N was Helena

A/N : It looks like this

Y/N was used to traveling with them, they always made her feel like family, Alicent and Rhaenyra always told her how much like her mother she is

Y/N was used to traveling with them, they always made her feel like family, Alicent and Rhaenyra always told her how much like her mother she is. along with story's they would tell her about her mother.

truth be told she hated carriage rides but she hated them even more when they where awkward. ser Harwin was also going to be at the hunt but travelled with his father and brother instead.

Rhaenyra was pregnant with her third child during the hunt so midwifes accompanied her while they where away from the red keep.

the carriage ride was awkwardly silent, like always.

"princess, should you be traveling in such conditions" spoke the queen breaking the silence

"the masters said it would be good for me to be out in nature" spoke Rhaenyra rubbing a had over her round belly

the queen answered with a small humming noise. and the awkward silence continued.

as they approached there destination Viserys broke the silence.

"so Y/N I heard you have started learning high Valaryian" he spoke with a simile.

"correct your grace, my mother spoke Valaryian so I thought I should try learning it" spoke Y/N softly as she picked the skin on her fingers.

"well I would be happy to help you learn" spoke Viserys before taking a sip of his wine.

"generous offer your grace I-" Y/N was cut off when the carriage came to a stop and clapping started outside.

____________

after everyone was announced Y/N headed over to the main tent.

Y/N saw her father, grandfather and uncle.

"father!" she shouted running over to him.

"ahh hello my light, are you ok?" he spoke picking her up and kissing her head.

"yes , im just verry bored." she spoke fidgeting with her fathers hair.

"well how about you go play with Helena?" spoke her grandsire.

"I would grandsire, but she's playing with a really big spider and I hate spiders" spoke Y/N

after Y/N was finished discussing with her family she decided to go for a little wonder around the camp.

"ahh my dear betrothed" spoke Aegon wondering to Y/N drunkenly with a glass of wine in his hand

"hello Aegon, are you already drunk?" spoke Y/N putting her hands behind her back.

"no my love of course not" he said tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"come with me" he spoke grasping her hand and dragging her into the forest.

"where are we going?" she whispered.

"shhh" he said putting his hand over her mouth.

"we wont want anyone to find us would we darling?" he spoke removing his hand from her mouth.

he took her hand and led her farther into the wood trying not to attract and deer's or boars, until they arrived at a cave.

"what are we doing Aegon?" she asked placing a hand on his fore arm.

"I found something you can give to your little dragon friend" he said pulling her into a cave and handing her the special object.

"oh gods Aegon, is that what I think it is ?" she spoke crouching to the ground to inspect the object closer.

"yes, it is but im not sure who it belongs to" he spoke placing a hand on her back.

she looked at the dragons egg, it was gold and black but it was cold so there was little chance it would hatch.

"how long ago did you find it?" she asked placing the egg in her satchel that was resting on her hip.

"not to long ago" he said helping her up.

as they walked back to the camp she realised the moon was nearly at its peak, her father must of sent out a search party by now to find them.

as they entered the camp there was a glowing bonfire in the middle brightening the area that surrounded.

"thank you Aegon, and remember not to tell anyone about my dragon friend " she spoke giving Aegon a quick peck on the cheek before running into her tent.

Aegon stood like an idiot watching her run to her tent wondering if she just kissed him even if it was just his cheek.

________________

in her tent Y/N was getting ready for sleep. she undid her plait letting her waves fall passed her shoulders.

she undid her trunk witch held her light pink night gown. she slipped it on and walked to her bed.

she did not find sleep easy that night, she was feeling guilty about even being friends with a dragon as a strong, when one of her best friends a Targaryen did not have a dragon when it was his birth right to have one.

my dear cannibal, why do I feel a connection with you

hello this chapter is longer than the others. but not the chapters are starting from episode 6 of house of the dragon. so its starting for the series finally

don't forget to vote and comment <3