Chapter 29 - new king.

You and your husband were awoken quite urgently the next morning but your hand maidens.

It was time for the coronation.

The queen picked out a beautiful dress for you to wear, it was a dress fit for a queen. It was green Satin and hand a long green cape

You slipped on your dress and aegon got changed into his robes, they where black and had the 3 headed dragon in grey on his chest along with a chain that strapped around his shoulders

You slowly walked to aegon who was practically shaking.and place a hand of his shoulder, he turned slowly and you placed your hands one his chest.

"My love it's going to be alright" you comforted placing your hands on his cheeks and pulling him in for a kiss.

He sighed and kisses your head and you headed to leave your chambers.

You two where escorted to the carriage by 5 guards just in case anything happened. After you where poisoned you would be escorted everywhere.

You entered the courtyard and you lifted your cape to stop them getting dirty. Alicent what's already in the carriage she look tired.

You sat next to alicent and aegon sat on his own looking tired stressed and fed up.

"Have the decency to look graceful" Alicent scolded.

"Do you know what has been done to be given this day" she continued.

"In an hour you will be king" alicent told.

"And my father never wanted this" aegon told.

"He-he changed his mind" Alicent argued.

"No- no, he could have but he never did" Aegon chuckled.

"Because he didn't like me" argon continued.

"That's not true" you told.

"He had 20 years to name me heir but never did, steady fast he held up rheneryas claim" to claimed to you.

"He changed his mind" alicent spoke to take the attention of you.

Aegon chuckled at this statement.
Alicent sighed and opened a small case to reveal viserys dagger.

Aegon looked like he had tears in his eyes.

"Do not toy with me mother" aegon demanded

"I speak the truth" alicent told.

Aegon picked up the dagger and inspected it in his hands. You stood up and walked over to him and sat down next to him to inspect the dagger.

"Aegon listen, your grandfather will try to impress upon you that rhenerya should be put to the sword, you must deny this advances" alicent commanded.

"After all she is your sister.. your fathers daughter" alicent told

"Do you love me?" Aegon asked. The question shocked you, of course his mother loved him.

"You imbecile" alicent said with a giggle.

"My love, there is something I have not told you two" you started placing a hand on your husbands.

"One night i went to check on viserys and he told me that he..... he only named rhenerya heir to protect the realm from daemon, and he thought it was time to change the succession" you spoke looking into your husband's eyes.

"Well there you have it... you have your beloved wife's word and your mother and grandfathers word" the queen spoke.

The carriage stoped and alicent got out to meet her other children and father.

You stoped aegon from leaving and gave him another kiss and reassurance.

You went into the hall with alicent aemond Otto Helena and everyone else, you stood on top of the platform next to alicent and she moved to a bit more forward.

You watched as the dragon pit filled people, male female and children.

Once the doors where closed Otto stepped in front and started to talk, he shouted fo everyone to hear.

A/N: I changed the speech a bit because I can't remember what he said

"People of kings landing! It is the saddest of days.... Our king Viserys the peaceful!!! Is dead!!" Otto bellowed earning whispers form everyone.

"But it is the most joyous of days!!! Because as his spirit left us!! He whispered his final wish that his first born son aegon!!! Should succeed him!!" Otto continued.

Then Guards started entering the dragon pit forming a path way to the stage. They raised there swords to form and arch of witch aegon started to walk though.

"It is your great privilege to witness this today!!" "A new beginning for our city and new time for our realm" Otto screamed.

You watched nervously and your husband climbed the stage. He looked at you and you game a shy smile.

She kneeled on the floor and the grand measter started the ceremony asking the gods to bless his sword shield and crown, but Putting a special oil on his face.

"The crown of the conquer passed downthrough generations!!" Criston shouted holding the conqueror crown.

He slowly placed the crown on aegons head and the grand measter helped him stand.

Aegon looked at each member of his family making them give small bows and then he looked at you, in a different way then he did with his family and you gave a small bow.

"All hail aegon 2nd of his name!! King of the andels rounhar and the first men!! And protector of the realm!!!" The high septum shouted.

"Aegon the king!!!" Criston shouted and the crowd. Exploded into cheers.

You saw aegon change when he heard the people chanting for him.

He jolted his sword in the air and the cheers grew louder.

But then the floor disappeared into a flood of dust and replacing it was the red queen...