• 6 •

Obsessive Love ~ Chapter 6 <3
Alia Knight

I quickly move towards the fire, grabbing my bag and drink that I left. I didn't even bother saying goodbye because I knew as soon as one word left my lips, Ash would know something was up.
I started speed walking towards my car as I fished my way through my bag, looking for my keys as fast as I can because I knew a breakdown was coming on and those were loud, and ugly. "Ali."

I close my eyes and turn around, coming face to face with JJ. He slowly raises his hand to my face and pulls my sun glasses off. A wave of guilt immediately hits his face as he traces his thumb down my cheek, wiping the tears off my cheek.
"I'm so sorry." He whispers. I slowly reach up to grab his wrist, I move it away from my face and pluck my glasses out of his hands, I push them back over my eyes, (ignoring that I could barely see anything with them on), and reach for my keys. "So am I." I sigh.

When I eventually get home, (after driving around for an hour and scream crying), I'm so exhausted that I completely forget the can I was holding as I walk into my house. The light switches on the second my foot lands on the entryway floor. "Drinking and skipping curfew, again." My mothers voice rings out as I walk further into the house.

"You don't ignore me Alia." She says as she follows me up the stairs, grabbing the can from my hands in the process. "The amount of calories in these things are disgusting." She scoffs as she continues after me, "Are you even trying to watch your figure anymore?" She asks and I stop in my tracks. "ENOUGH!" I shout as I turn around. "Maybe instead of being so focused on my figure, you can work on your own fucking body cause, god mom, you've put on a few pounds." I scoff as I snatch the can out of her hands. When I see her start to open her mouth I shake my head.
"Not tonight. I'm not dealing with anymore of this shit tonight." I continue up the stairs, my mother remained silent as she let me go.
Slamming the door, I twist the lock and flop down onto my bed.

Usually if a guy does something to piss me off, I ignore it and move onto the next, but no guy has ever made me feel as bad as my mother does. Most people would tell me that I should forgive him because he apologized, but he made me fucking cry. He hurt me. He brought up things that I had only told him, because I trusted him, but he ended up using it against me. As JJ would say, that's another man checked off my list.

•••••

"Ali!" A voice calls out from behind me, I watch as John B runs down the beach towards me.
"Hey." I say as I smile up at him from my towel.
He sits down next to me and gives me a friendly, but concerned smile. "Everything ok? You kinda disappeared on us for a few days." He says as he starts tracing his name in the sand. "Has JJ not told you guys anything?" I ask as I sit up.

"About?" He asks and I shake my head with a small laugh, "Of course he hasn't." I sigh and he raises a brow at me. "I mean I kinda guessed after you took off the other night and he started throwing everything in sight into the water, wouldn't say anything about it though." He gives me a small smile and holds out his arms, offering a hug. I reluctantly accept and lean into him, "We broke up. Well not officially but he said shit that I just can't forgive, I just have to work up the guts to tell him." I sigh as I brush a strand of hair out of my face.

"What did he say?" He asks as we disperse from the hug. I click my tongue as I sit back up, "Basically called me a slut without actually saying the word slut." I knew I could tell John B, we had gotten close over the past few months, but I also knew he and JJ have been best friends forever, and if guys were anything like girls, he would undoubtedly run to JJ and tell him everything I said. "That doesn't sound like JJ." He frowns and I shrug, "Yeah that's what I said." I sigh, when I notice an awkward silence had grown between the two of us, I perk up. "But relationships don't last forever, we both knew it wouldn't last."
"I guess." He shrugs.

"Alia!" I hear another voice calling my name. "I swear to god if one more person comes up to me i'm killing myself, this is why I don't leave my house." I groan as I turn around to see who had called out to me. My groan grows louder as I watch Topper, Rafe, and Kelce all walking down the beach. John B turns his head and a look of hate spreads across his face, I also see a hint of panic in his eyes but decide not to say anything about it.

"Hey Al's." Topper says as he plops down next to me. I look up at him just to realize he wasn't looking at me at all, he was however, staring John B down with the biggest death stare i've seen from him in a while, and when I looked over at John B, he was doing the same to Topper. In fact, Kelce was staring him down as well, the only guy who didn't seem to be drawn into this weird war they were doing with their eyes, was Rafe. Who was looking at me, with an expression that I couldn't quite make out. Uncomfortable by the tension, I clear my throat. "Soooo. What are you guys doing here?"

"Saw your car and decided to come down." Topper says. His stare had now turned into a full on glare. "You coming with us or what?" Rafe asks and I turn my head to look at him, not before catching Topper and Kelce's confused looks. "For what?" I ask and his eyes shift to the distance slightly like he was trying to think, when his gaze returned to mine he clenches his jaw, "To the gym."

"The gym?" I raise an eyebrow at him, "Why would I want to go to the gym when I can stay here and tan?" I ask. "She's fine here." John B pipes up, earning him another glare from Topper.
"No, she's not." Rafe grumbles. "You know she is sitting right here and can decide what she wants!" I groan as I roll over on my towel to face away from them all.
"Um, Ali." John B's voice says from beside me.
"What." I spit out, growing more annoyed by the second that I can't just lie on the beach in peace.

When he doesn't say anything for a few seconds, I open my eyes and look over to wear he was looking. JJ was making his way down towards us, eyeing the boys next to me. "How the hell did he find me??" I groan and I look at John B who looked as guilty as someone who had just been caught robbing a bank. "You told him." I narrow my eyes at him as he holds his hands up, "I told him if I found you i'd let him know, he's worried about you." He says quietly. "Yeah i'm sure he is." I scoff as I scramble to my feet and grab my towel.

"The gym sounds great." I say with a smile as I grab Topper and yank him up. He gives me a confused look before looking towards JJ. "Did he do something to you?" He asks as he gives me a concerned look. I open my mouth to respond but quickly close it, not sure what to say. Before I can figure out what to say, Toppers already on the move. "The fuck did you do to her??" He shouts as he shoves him, sending him stumbling back a few steps.

John B stands up and makes his way over to the two. I on the other hand go to pack up my stuff, only to realize it was all already placed neatly back in my bag. I look over at Rafe who was standing a few feet away, staring at JJ. I rummage through my bag, trying to ignore the shouting happening just a few feet away from me.
I frown when I can't find my bracelet. "Did you see my bracelet over here?" I ask Rafe and he shrugs, "No." He says, keeping his eyes on JJ.

"Not my fault she's a fucking slut!" I hear JJ's voice over the chorus of yelling. I lift my head and watch as Rafe makes his way over to the rest of the guys, assuming he was just going to sit and watch, I go back to searching for my bracelet.
I hear a loud whack and watch, shocked as JJ falls onto the ground. Rafe rubs his knuckles and then starts walking away.