• 11 •

Obsessive Love ~ Chapter 11 <3
Alia Knight

I wake up the next morning to the sound of yelling. I sit up and immediately regret that decision as my head begins pounding as soon as I move. I groan and flop back down into my bed-
This was definitely not my bed. I look around the room and scratch the back of my head. Where the fuck am I? That question was quickly answered when Lilah barges into the room, followed by Rafe. Great. I already have a massive headache and now I have to listen to her annoying ass voice.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE DOING HERE??" Lilah screams as she rips the blanket off of me. "And she's wearing your fucking shirt??" She shouts, "GET OUT YOU FUCKING SLUT!" She screeches as she turns to me. I blink as I stare at her, "No." I tempted as I cocked my head at her.
"Why are you EVERYWHERE?!" She fumed and I shrug, "Small island."
"Can you leave at least one man for the rest of us?? Everyone's so god damn obsessed with you that I never get anything." She huffs and I laugh as she starts tugging on Rafe's sleeve.
"Maybe they're obsessed with me, or maybe you're so fucking ugly that no one wants to get in your pants." I sneer. Rafe tugs his sleeve out of her grip and sighs, "Get the fuck out of my house Lilah." He demands.

"You'd rather have this Mexican whore here than me??" She bickered, "I'm Spanish you dumb blonde bitch." I yawn.
"You're lucky I won't beat up a women." Rafe shakes his head.
"Yeah but unfortunately for you I will." I sneer as I get up and grab her by the back of her head. I bend her towards me slightly and knee her in the stomach. She groans and screams as she tries to fight out of my grip. I walk her over to Rafes dresser and slam her head against it. over and over and over. Fight back god damn it!" I shout as I slam her head into the dresser once more.
"FIGHT BACK!" I scream as I feel myself being lifted off the ground. When I finally let her go she crumples onto the ground. "Get the fuck up." I demand as she wipes the tears off her face. "Let me go Rafe." I sneer as I t try to fight against his grip.

Lilah remained slumped against the dresser, crying like a fucking baby. "STOP FUCKING CRYING!" I scream as I rip myself out of Rafe's arms. When I lean down in front of her, I grab her face and force her to look at me, my anger immediately fades. I look at her eyes and recognize something in them, I recognized myself. Holy fuck I was acting just like my mother. I let go of her face and stand up, "Get the fuck out." I mutter.

She scrambles to her feet and practically runs out of the room, slamming the door behind her.
I press my back against the dresser and slowly slide down onto the floor. Pressing my face into my knees, I let out a deep breath. I feel someone slide down next to me and raise my head to see Rafe looking at me with a concerned look.

"What was...that?" He questions and I bite my lip. "Family tradition." I mutter as I begin chewing on my lip. "Your mom?" He asks after a few moments. I look up at him, confused as to how exactly he knew that. I nod and he looks ahead at the rest of the room. "My dad beats me too." He admits and my eyes widen as I look at him, "Ward? but he's so-" I start, "Respected?" He asks and I nod. "So is your mom." He points out and I nod again, slower this time.
"It started when I dropped out of school, he was so proud when I got into college and started working towards taking over his company, but then when I dropped out, he started getting distant again. I thought it was just going to be like before, but then it started, and it just doesn't stop." He bares his teeth as he finishes. "You?"

I hesitate, swallowing as I stare at my hands. "My mom and I have never been close. She and my dad were never happy after I was born and she blamed me for the fallout in their relationship. I was always closer to my dad, we did everything together and when he died...I just grew even further apart from my mom. I tried to avoid her but she kept telling me that I drove my dad to do it, I drove him away from her, and I wanted to ruin their marriage. One night when we were fighting, it started getting heated and she hit me, she continued to hit me until I couldn't manage to cry anymore. She insisted I fought back and that I was weak for just sitting there and crying. She tormented me every single day, telling me that I wasn't worth anything, that I was fat, that I was a good for nothing druggie and my life was going to hell." When I finally finish, I look up and my eyes meet his.

"When you say, 'drove your dad to do it,' do you mean he-" He doesn't finish the sentence when I gulp, returning my gaze to my lap. "Yeah, he killed himself." My voice was shakier than I wanted it to be. "My mom didn't want anyone to know so she covered it up and made it look like he just died. We still don't know why he did it." I murmured.
"It's not your fault Lia." He says quietly. I look up at him, surprised by the use of the nickname that my father used to use. "No one's called me that in a long time." I smile slightly and he traces his thumb against my hand. "It suits you."

We sit in silence for a few moments, I was trying to grasp the fact that I'd just told him everything when he speaks up. "Thanks for getting Lilah out of here." He says and I look over at him, "Why are you even dating her in the first place? She's a bitch." I admit and he chuckles. "Trust me I know, but she's not my girlfriend."

I blink at him, "Then why the hell does she try to burn every girls house down who looks at you." I question and he shrugs, "We hooked up once last summer, and now she follows me everywhere. She tells everyone we're dating even though I want nothing to do with her." He shudders.
"And ever since Topper asked me to look after you, she's had some weird grudge against you."

"Rafe, relax. I know Top didn't ask you to look after me." I say and he purses his lips as he looks down at the ground. "I appreciate though." I add and I swear for a second I can see a hint of a smile dance across his lips.
"How about this?" I say as I turn towards him, "You keep JJ away from me and i'll keep Lilah away from you." I suggested and this time an actual smile formed on his lips. "Deal."